Surprised to find lights dimmable in my Elddis Encore (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Having read the owners handbook thoroughly and paid attention during the hand over many months later having left my finger on the switch for the lounge lights a bit longer than normal.

To my surprise the light above the lockers in the lounge dimmed slowly and then with another press slowly brightened again. With my new found knowledge I tried the bedroom light and that did the same thing.

A really nice touch but hardly much of a selling point if you don’t tell anyone!

Or am I the only one that did Not know about this clever feature?

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
It could be a wiring fault!

I reckon they dim cause there sucking the life out of every battery you got! Now try and start her up !!! Lolol. Xxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Half the folk on FUN are ecstatic if they throw a switch and some light comes on.

Thankfully most of the time it is down to the flippin NCC who insist we are not allowed to use lights or water whilst engine running

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
I don’t think Elddis know about it either.....(n)

You could be right, before I ordered our dealer special Encore I asked the dealer about the “Auto lights and wipers” listed as included in the dealer pack on the Autoquest range to be told they were not able to select it on the Encore.

When we took Delivery I found it had both “Auto lights and wipers” plainly standard so why they could not be added as an option

Dhhhh

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
It could be a wiring fault!

I reckon they dim cause there sucking the life out of every battery you got! Now try and start her up !!! Lolol. Xxxx

I have 13volt still showing on my display so The handy work of the Eastern European workers is still holding up.

One did sadly nod off asleep while screwing a 40mm screw into my bed box frame as there was 20mm still hanging out.

Thankfully they woke him up prior to Delivery

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
@Paul an Jane MK, Thanks for that little nugget, mine's a little older than your's and just tried em and it does it on our 65 plate(y)(y).
Off topic, does your bed have two struts under when you lift it up, ours only has one at the bed head???? TIA.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Took me 4 years before i found that out...:whistle:
Ours is a rear u lounge and has about 8mtrs of LED lights. Used to look like Blackpool..

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Can’t see what the fuss is about, the lights even dim on my self built conversion, only problem is they only work when the battery is low.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@Paul an Jane MK, Thanks for that little nugget, mine's a little older than your's and just tried em and it does it on our 65 plate(y)(y).
Off topic, does your bed have two struts under when you lift it up, ours only has one at the bed head???? TIA.

I am glad yours has them as well, often thought the lights were a bit bright at times but now I know I can adjust them.

Just lifted my bed to have a look and I have two struts, there is a metal bracket pop riveted on to the grey metal bed frame so you should be able to see bracket if yours used to have one at the front as well.

Our one lifts and stays up. Hope that helps

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I am glad yours has them as well, often thought the lights were a bit bright at times but now I know I can adjust them.

Just lifted my bed to have a look and I have two struts, there is a metal bracket pop riveted on to the grey metal bed frame so you should be able to see bracket if yours used to have one at the front as well.

Our one lifts and stays up. Hope that helps

Yeah I thought they were a bit bright too!! On the bed front, all the mounting points are there for the strut, but there isn't one fitted. The supplying dealer is ordering me one from Elddis though(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
So @WESTY66 have you done a few trips now, I hope the 255 has lived up to your OH’s expectations.

Got to say OH and I are in agreement, although twice the money our old swift 590 was we recon it is at least three times better.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
So @WESTY66 have you done a few trips now, I hope the 255 has lived up to your OH’s expectations.

Got to say OH and I are in agreement, although twice the money our old swift 590 was we recon it is at least three times better.

Yes we've done a few trips now and the OH (Val) is still delighted with the choice. We looked at one at the NEC last year along with a 155 (I have nearly put a deposit down on 2 new 155's now) and really liked it then but a new one was out of my price range. So fast forward a few months and went down to Lowdhams to look at a 10 plate transit based Sunlight (which I was trying to like as it was sub 28k) and there she was (Kensi as we have called her) just in the day before, awaiting preparation I said to Val "your motorhome is there" so we looked and bought it there and then. I have to say Lowdhams sales and aftersales have been faultless (even though they aren't Elddis dealers) they are sorting all my niggles out far and beyond what I expected.
Word of warning though the surround around the microwave (cream veneer covering) will start lifting from the bottom. I have looked at 3 used Encore 255's and they have all done it, so keep your eye on it (mine is getting replaced) So far I haven't seen another brand that I would replace it with, There was one Brand new Hymer (80k+) that I could maybe live with but NOT better than our 255(y)(y)(y)

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Having read the owners handbook thoroughly and paid attention during the hand over many months later having left my finger on the switch for the lounge lights a bit longer than normal.

To my surprise the light above the lockers in the lounge dimmed slowly and then with another press slowly brightened again. With my new found knowledge I tried the bedroom light and that did the same thing.

A really nice touch but hardly much of a selling point if you don’t tell anyone!

Or am I the only one that did Not know about this clever feature?

Thanks Paul, I didn’t realise this either. I’ve had the 255 for two years without knowing. Just tried them and they work.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Hi @AMK how’s things?? We’re settling down with our 255 nicely now, I have just done the waste pipe alteration and was literally just going down shop to get some chain for your door mod But I have forgot how you secured the chains either end, you wouldn’t be good enough to send me a pic would you?
Thanks Ady

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Yeah I thought they were a bit bright too!! On the bed front, all the mounting points are there for the strut, but there isn't one fitted. The supplying dealer is ordering me one from Elddis though(y)(y)(y)

Ady
I took my front strut off because the pressure was moving the bed structure.
I was going to look at strengthening it somehow before I put it back on. Will let you know how I get on.

AMK

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @AMK how’s things?? We’re settling down with our 255 nicely now, I have just done the waste pipe alteration and was literally just going down shop to get some chain for your door mod But I have forgot how you secured the chains either end, you wouldn’t be good enough to send me a pic would you?
Thanks Ady

Ady

Give me a couple of days and I will get back to you with some pics.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@WESTY glad to hear you are enjoying kensi and your dealer is looking after you.
155 is awesome value and I was very tempted although had reservations about whale heating, OH dismissed as she was not impressed with bathroom and her pick was the 255 of all the vans she looked at so really good choice by her.

We stumbled across V4 leisure offering loads of must have options like: awning, solar panel, alarm, bike rack, mirror guards plus alloys at less than normal list so seemed like a bargain.

The muppets at the factory fitted to metal bump stops on hab door (neither magnetic) and missed off one of the soft close drawer mechanisms and on our last trip the hab door won’t open from outside although locking and inside works fine.

That will teach singing it’s praises will away in Pembrokeshire.

Thanks for heads up re microwave panel will keep an eye on it

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Thanks Paul, I didn’t realise this either. I’ve had the 255 for two years without knowing. Just tried them and they work.

No worries, I thought I would mention it just in case.

What is this about a waste modification?

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Not sure about the waste mod, I think Adys been up to something.

Maybe he will share it with us ?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It’s nothing exciting, I’ve just put a pipe on the tap so the waste empties in the middle of the van rather than the side (saw it on a van like mine ) :whistle::whistle:

@Paul an Jane MK you hav soft close drawers??? I’m sure mine hasn’t (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back