Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi, im in need of a little advise, we have been away this weekend in our converted camper, had a great time returned sunday, emptied water tank and ran water from the tap.
This morning in the van all well, tonight wife went out to the van and the pump is running tap was down, took out the fuse , put it back in but it started running on again, any ideas on this matter and what to try next .
regards paul (landyman)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like a shurflo or fiamma pressure pump.
no water in the tank means the pump cant pressurise so will continue to run until turned off at the main pump switch on your control panel.

If there is no switch you will need to remove the fuse until you refill the tank.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
thanks for that pappajohn ill give it a try and fill it up first thing in the morning
regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, just seen you did say it was a shurflo.

The home converter may not have bothered with a pump switch but if so i would fit on anyway.

You only need a few liters in the tank to get water back in the system to stop the pump..not a full tank.....But the hot water tank needs to fill before pressure is gained.

If it continues to run with water in then either the pumps faulty, theres a leak or possibly an airlock in the pipework

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
thanks again for all the information, no i havent got a switch so i sort one out and i havent got hot water so that rules that out , but ill get water in the tanks in the morning
thanks again landyman (paul)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back