Suppier of Bonded window blinds?

Discussion in 'Self-Build Motorhomes' started by Duckato, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Duckato

Duckato Funster

Ratings:
    +5
  2. Duckato

Duckato Funster

Ratings:
    +5
    Eeeeek!
    Sorry I can't spell supplier today either!

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +18,152
    look like seitz caravan blinds

4. Duckato

Duckato Funster

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you, that was the hint I needed and now I have just found similar in the Dometic Moggylog.
    They should go quite well with some secondary glazing I plan to use as well to provide a bit of condensation control.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,745
    They'll be expensive IF you can get just the interior blind surround and screen as sometimes they make you buy the whole ruddy window!

Why not go for some roman blinds, or even domestic (home) blinds with a similar look?

6. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

Ratings:
    +7,855
  7. Duckato

Duckato Funster

Ratings:
    +5
    Yep @Minxy Girl I have looked at pleated blinds from the sheds like B&Q and conservatory blinds type suppliers plus we have something almost just right fitted to the Velux windows in our loft conversion.

It certainly would not be difficult to DIY the entire thing and that could solve one problem which springs to mind immediately
    Everyone produces a different version of White and a lot of Motorhome fittings seems to be made out of dreadful non UV stable products which look ok initially but go god awful over a relatively short period of time

I would hate to buy anything expensive and suffer the same.
    I am planning a Ambulance conversation and the windows and walls are already lined with white plastic which at the moment is on my "worth retaining" list hence why those in that advert caught my eye

BTW
    Since realised they are probably from Remis.

• Like it Like it x 1
  8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,745
    I did an ambulance conversion in 1996 ... it was only our second 'camper', the first being a classic Commer Autosleeper which didn't need any work. The conversion was a steep learning curve but fortunately I'd done lots of kitchen refits, built wardrobes etc, so not as difficult as it could have been ... I loved doing it! I did a similar finish to the Autosleeper, ie wood faced board etc ... ooooooo ... I can smell the varnish now (yes I did get a bit 'high'! :D).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg