Suppier of Bonded window blinds? (1 Viewer)

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I like the outside look of bonded windows but not curtains!
Can anyone tell me where to buy interior blinds like these in this van please?

55fc4983d54740b4a41c79011cc7f585.jpg

Source was this advert on Autotrader

Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
look like seitz caravan blinds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Duckato

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thank you, that was the hint I needed and now I have just found similar in the Dometic Moggylog.
They should go quite well with some secondary glazing I plan to use as well to provide a bit of condensation control.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thank you, that was the hint I needed and now I have just found similar in the Dometic Moggylog.
They should go quite well with some secondary glazing I plan to use as well to provide a bit of condensation control.
They'll be expensive IF you can get just the interior blind surround and screen as sometimes they make you buy the whole ruddy window!

Why not go for some roman blinds, or even domestic (home) blinds with a similar look?

OP
OP
Duckato

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Yep @Minxy Girl I have looked at pleated blinds from the sheds like B&Q and conservatory blinds type suppliers plus we have something almost just right fitted to the Velux windows in our loft conversion.

It certainly would not be difficult to DIY the entire thing and that could solve one problem which springs to mind immediately
Everyone produces a different version of White and a lot of Motorhome fittings seems to be made out of dreadful non UV stable products which look ok initially but go god awful over a relatively short period of time

I would hate to buy anything expensive and suffer the same.
I am planning a Ambulance conversation and the windows and walls are already lined with white plastic which at the moment is on my "worth retaining" list hence why those in that advert caught my eye

BTW
Since realised they are probably from Remis.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am planning a Ambulance conversation and the windows and walls are already lined with white plastic which at the moment is on my "worth retaining" list hence why those in that advert caught my eye.
I did an ambulance conversion in 1996 ... it was only our second 'camper', the first being a classic Commer Autosleeper which didn't need any work. The conversion was a steep learning curve but fortunately I'd done lots of kitchen refits, built wardrobes etc, so not as difficult as it could have been ... I loved doing it! I did a similar finish to the Autosleeper, ie wood faced board etc ... ooooooo ... I can smell the varnish now (yes I did get a bit 'high'! :D).

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back