Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Morning Team

Another Santander thread.

I'm looking for a supermarket that's easy to get to between the port at Santander and Cabarceno - a LIDL preferably with a car park big enough for a van.

Any suggestions?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
difficult . the easiest is the big one near the airport . but higher m,homes have to go round to the exit to get in . follow the road in on to the right . forget the name of it but it as cheapish fuel as well.
we go to torrelavaga for our first fill . parkup at sierra panda railway station . or in behind the aldi.
just about all the supermarkets are in the same road .

Reactions: DBK

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
difficult . the easiest is the big one near the airport . but higher m,homes have to go round to the exit to get in . follow the road in on to the right . forget the name of it but it as cheapish fuel as well.
we go to torrelavaga for our first fill . parkup at sierra panda railway station . or in behind the aldi.
just about all the supermarkets are in the same road .
Its now a Carrefour I believe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Aye - I usually go to Torrelavaga but I'm getting in late and it will be dark and I was hoping for something more local to tide me over for a couple of days at Cabarceno.

I seem to remember I spent hours looking for an elusive LIDL one time in Santander so was hoping someone might no where one was. Not looking good though it seems.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Just checked and going to Torrelavaga is 50kms as opposed to 18kms to Cabarceno. Bit much when I'm going back that way again in a couple of days..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Aye - I usually go to Torrelavaga but I'm getting in late and it will be dark and I was hoping for something more local to tide me over for a couple of days at Cabarceno.

I seem to remember I spent hours looking for an elusive LIDL one time in Santander so was hoping someone might no where one was. Not looking good though it seems.
no parking as far as i know at the lidl in santander .
we dont go to cabarceno we go south to canyon los lobos .
too many m,homes at the elephant park. hee hee.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Lidl in Santander with car park is in Calle Repuente

43.463305, -3.835501

@vwalan We posted at the same time. Sorry to say that the car park at the Lidl I mentioned is not large enough for a 5er :(

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Lidl in Santander with car park is in Calle Repuente

43.463305, -3.835501

@vwalan We posted at the same time. Sorry to say that the car park at the Lidl I mentioned is not large enough for a 5er :(
there used to be a lidl on the way through santander from the old ferry port. thought it was an underground car park or multi story. is there now another lidl. ? . was in about three streets from the sea on the right in busy a busy street. .it might have changed .
once i found torrelavaga lidl etc i just go there . there was a couple of other supermarkets local as well but they changed into furniture and leccy shops . but nice parking around torry.
remember my out fit is shorter than a car and 12ft caravan . and lower than many m,homes .
only 10mtr long ,3mtr high.

just had a play on google its showing three lidls in santander now .
i am out of touch these days . the new ferry terminal is so easy in and out of santander hardly go in to town .
never mind . i only knew one .
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/lidl+Santander,+Spain/@43.4675722,-3.866107,13z

Last edited:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Alan, not sure if the Lidl I mentioned is new. Certainly there last year. The one with the underground parking I believe still exists but unsuitable for MH or 5er. I tend to do the same as you, drive out of Santander by the quickest route.

My interest in having a 5er still exists but finances may not stretch to it at present.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Alan, not sure if the Lidl I mentioned is new. Certainly there last year. The one with the underground parking I believe still exists but unsuitable for MH or 5er. I tend to do the same as you, drive out of Santander by the quickest route.

My interest in having a 5er still exists but finances may not stretch to it at present.
years ago santander was great. park down in the carpark by playa de magdelina bit further along than the maritme museum . well it was 25 yrs ago. some used to park further along round the headland and by the stadium el sardinero. but like many places things change .
another good place used to be through the city and out by the hospital used to be a park for the kids to play in . mine loved it . walk into town on the evenings .
the new port though is great . out and on before you know it . we tend to use the n611 to torry . stop a night then across country on country road to vargas then south on the n623 .turn off left just after burgos and head for canyon los lobos . at san leonardo de yague take the so960 stop at the start of the canyon great place . look out for vultures loads of them .
love northern spain ,inland and by the coast.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Look on your Sat NAV,,,most Liddle and Carrfoure and Mercadona show up,,,BUSBY.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Look on your Sat NAV,,,most Liddle and Carrfoure and Mercadona show up,,,BUSBY.
whats one of them?
i did have a sad nav . she couldnt hold the map the right way up. got rid of her, well she left.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back