Rally Chat Sunshine Festival 2017 Upton 24-28 August Meet (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Updated list for Sunshine Meet:

1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Chocy boy - John & Carol
6. Lisa - Lisa & Terry
7. Movan - Joy
8. EX51SSS - Tony & Janet
9. Mophead - Angela
10. Ambilkate - Kate, Bill & Amanda
11. Scottie - John
12. Smudger (Fun/RVOC)
13. Trekkin - Adrian & Michelle (Fun/RVOC)
14. Westies On Tour - Jason & Michelle (RVOC)
15. Mike mcglynn - Mike & Tina
16. DGRBRUV - Ian & Meg (RVOC)
17. Little Camper - Tara & Paul
18. Trickymicky - Mick & Shelly (RVOC)
19. Smokeyjoe - Chris & Paul (RVOC)
20. Keredetat - Derek & Sarah
21. Josephine55
22. Debs
23. Bonnie Biker - Richard & Trace
24. Davidroxburgh - David & Penny
25. Andrew Lee - Andrew & Karen
26. Beacons - Jan & Mike
27. Jockaneezer (son & his girlfriend)
28 -30. Pete-Jay-Sophie - 6 adults 2 children (on 3 pitches)
31. Apple7 - Sharon & Paul
32. Oscar - Alb & Elaine
33. Dabhand - Simon & Margaret
34. Canopus - Ken & Lynda
35. Suggy - Graham & Rosie
36. Bobnden - Bob & Denise
37. Antique - Brian & Val
38. PhilandMena - Phil & Mena
39. Barsteward - Les & Sue
40. Time to travel - Sean & Kellie

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Having just been to Upton Blues festival & worked as volunteer marshals (1500 campers the first day & 1800 the next :eek:) which is on the same campsite as Sunshine think the best option may be a field of our own if we can get it :unsure: Even though we have been promised a Steward at the entry point to our area & a cordoned off section exclusive to Fun & RVOC can see how difficult that would be to keep it to ourselves if that is in part of the General Camping area as any desirable spot will be in very high demand - there is likely to be around 8000 campers! Unlike Upton Blues (this year) Sunshine don't have camping marshals so everyone pitches themselves although we will be marshaling the Fun & RVOC area to ensure we are all pitched as safely as possible (y) At Mello we had to defend our area & missed the Friday night acts (including Lucy Spraggan :() so are working with Sunshine organisers to make it better this time :) It's a bit of a learning curve for us all & a first for these festivals. We may have to limit the pitches to the 40 that are already allocated but any other Funsters are still welcome to book at the discounted rate until cut-off on 1 August even if we can't fit you into our area. Still ongoing discussions at the moment so we will see what can be sorted & post here ... any queries please message us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi @Wombles, just got our 2 sets of tickets yesterday but only one "entry permit" we will be arriving Thursday but my son and his gf won't get down till Friday. Do you think it would be ok if I just photocopy the permit and give him the copy to accompany his tickets ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi @Wombles, just got our 2 sets of tickets yesterday but only one "entry permit" we will be arriving Thursday but my son and his gf won't get down till Friday. Do you think it would be ok if I just photocopy the permit and give him the copy to accompany his tickets ?
Sending you a PM :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are faced with the same predicament. Dabhand received the tickets as he had paid for ours. He has sent me a scanned copy of the permit. Will this suffice?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It's not a predicament Ken @canopus The permits are all photocopies anyway so it's no problem it's just so the Marshalls know where to send you, the tickets however, have a barcode on them.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
And if your printer is any good it will be better than the one I've got! (y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yes,
see above

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are faced with the same predicament. Dabhand received the tickets as he had paid for ours. He has sent me a scanned copy of the permit. Will this suffice?
It's not a predicament Ken @canopus The permits are all photocopies anyway so it's no problem it's just so the Marshalls know where to send you, the tickets however, have a barcode on them.

Agree that it should be ok but will let the organisers know as checking the list can see it will affect quite a few.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Booking form and cheque in post(y)....at last:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone needs a copy of the windscreen permit then please let me know as I now have the file so can email it for you to print out - every motorhome & vehicle coming in will need one on display for Site Security to allow entry & for the Stewards to direct you to our allocated camping area.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Having just been to Upton Blues festival & worked as volunteer marshals (1500 campers the first day & 1800 the next :eek:) which is on the same campsite as Sunshine think the best option may be a field of our own if we can get it :unsure: Even though we have been promised a Steward at the entry point to our area & a cordoned off section exclusive to Fun & RVOC can see how difficult that would be to keep it to ourselves if that is in part of the General Camping area as any desirable spot will be in very high demand - there is likely to be around 8000 campers! Unlike Upton Blues (this year) Sunshine don't have camping marshals so everyone pitches themselves although we will be marshaling the Fun & RVOC area to ensure we are all pitched as safely as possible (y) At Mello we had to defend our area & missed the Friday night acts (including Lucy Spraggan :() so are working with Sunshine organisers to make it better this time :) It's a bit of a learning curve for us all & a first for these festivals. We may have to limit the pitches to the 40 that are already allocated but any other Funsters are still welcome to book at the discounted rate until cut-off on 1 August even if we can't fit you into our area. Still ongoing discussions at the moment so we will see what can be sorted & post here ... any queries please message us.
Good news - we have a prime spot near to the arena with all facilities nearby :Grin: & a short walk into Upton for survival supplies & treats :giggle: We have been promised enough pitches for all bookings up until the cut-off date of 1 August so anyone considering booking you will be in the Fun/RVOC area:hi5:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Good news - we have a prime spot near to the arena with all facilities nearby :Grin: & a short walk into Upton for survival supplies & treats :giggle: We have been promised enough pitches for all bookings up until the cut-off date of 1 August so anyone considering booking you will be in the Fun/RVOC area:hi5:
Well done ! :notworthy2:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Updated list for Sunshine Meet:

1. Wombles - Alan & Karen
2. Hilldweller - Brian & Dinah
3. Jockaneezer - Graeme & Val
4. Retiring Joyce (already booked not via offer)
5. Chocy boy - John & Carol
6. Lisa - Lisa & Terry
7. Movan - Joy
8. EX51SSS - Tony & Janet
9. Mophead - Angela
10. Ambilkate - Kate, Bill & Amanda
11. Scottie - John
12. Smudger (Fun/RVOC)
13. Trekkin - Adrian & Michelle (Fun/RVOC)
14. Westies On Tour - Jason & Michelle (RVOC)
15. Mike mcglynn - Mike & Tina
16. DGRBRUV - Ian & Meg (RVOC)
17. Little Camper - Tara & Paul
18. Trickymicky - Mick & Shelly (RVOC)
19. Smokeyjoe - Chris & Paul (RVOC)
20. Keredetat - Derek & Sarah
21. Josephine55
22. Debs
23. Bonnie Biker - Richard & Trace
24. Davidroxburgh - David & Penny
25. Andrew Lee - Andrew & Karen
26. Beacons - Jan & Mike
27. Jockaneezer (son & his girlfriend)
28 -30. Pete-Jay-Sophie - 6 adults 2 children (on 3 pitches)
31. Apple7 - Sharon & Paul
32. Oscar - Alb & Elaine
33. Dabhand - Simon & Margaret
34. Canopus - Ken & Lynda
35. Suggy - Graham & Rosie
36. Bobnden - Bob & Denise
37. Antique - Brian & Val
38. PhilandMena - Phil & Mena
39. Barsteward - Les & Sue
40. Time to travel - Sean & Kellie
41. Carolyn - Carolyn & Nick
42. Old age travellers - Dave & Christine (RVOC/Fun)
43. Soul Buddies - John & Deb (RVOC/Fun)
44. Chrysalis - Chris & Alice

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Help..... I won't be going home and have no tickets ... they will still be on the mat I guess. No way of getting them ... over 250 miles away. Also no windscreen ticket.... :(

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Help..... I won't be going home and have no tickets ... they will still be on the mat I guess. No way of getting them ... over 250 miles away. Also no windscreen ticket.... :(
Will send you a PM

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
20374611_1826715754010470_1461564821115981969_n.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
How about a Fun & RVOC trip to the circus! Saturday 1pm if it doesn't clash with any acts? It's free but have to pick day & time & collect tickets from the box office - limited to 600 per performance.
There are no animals used in the circus acts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Dressing up (if you want to) 80's Friday, Worzel Gummidge & Aunt Sally on the Saturday, and Pirates & Princesses on the Sunday
1f642.png

Need a program for all the times but for the Main Stage, Bad Manners are closing the Friday night, Heatwave are closing the Saturday, and The Cuginis (very good (y)) are closing the Sunday.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have a look at the line up on the poster above & post here or message me if you can't resist!
Don't forget there is the lovely town of Upton with lots of independent small shops to explore plus a good fish & chip shop, Indian restaurants, coffee shops & pubs all just a short walk away :inlove:.
Camping is from the Thursday so ideal for avoiding the bank holiday weekend traffic.
Only a few days until cut-off date.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only 4 days left to request your booking form!
Sunshine Festival Motorhome Fun/RVOC Meet ticket price:
Adults £64 each (currently £95 on website), 13-17 year olds are £30 each (currently £60 on website) & under age 12 are free - this includes entry ticket & camping from Thursday 24 August midday at no extra cost (normally £10 extra each) until Monday 28 August midday. We will be camped together (if arriving by 2pm Friday) in our own allocated area in a prime spot near the main arena & not too far from toilets, showers & a water point (y)
To book please PM (private message) me with your email so I can email the booking form to you which you then post (First Class stamp now please) to Sunshine organisers with your cheque - as this is a special offer it can't be booked via their website.
Dogs are welcome on this meet :)
To PM left click on our Womble photo to the left then on "Start A Conversation" in our profile. Any problems just post on the thread & I can PM you.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Tkts arrived today, pretty good turn round to say i only posted the form on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it. Just one query, I received 2 tkts and one flyer, so what's the windscreen tkt?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Tkts arrived today, pretty good turn round to say i only posted the form on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it. Just one query, I received 2 tkts and one flyer, so what's the windscreen tkt?
This s is what I received, if it helps:)

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's the permit that you put in your windscreen on arrival at the gate & marked FUNSTERS - need one on display for Site Security to allow entry & for the Stewards to direct you to our allocated camping area. With up to 8000 in total coming we need everything we can to help things along! As @Debs kindly posted it is the sheet on the right on her photo above (y) If you don't have one then let me know & I can send you the file to print one off.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Thanks @Debs & @Wombles I have received the entry tkts then but not a windscreen arrival sheet. If you could email the file to print one I would appreciate it.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back