Stunning £220,000 hig-tech British motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its a lot of money to still have a van cab compromising the space, the view out, the heating and the look of it.

I wasn't impressed with the presenter, too much 'ooh ahh' and not enough facts, he didn't tell us what construction it is, how wide/tall it is, what size the garage is, what is standard i.e engone gearbox and what are options etc.
Would be very reluctant to have the keypad entry.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Its a lot of money to still have a van cab compromising the space, the view out, the heating and the look of it.

I wasn't impressed with the presenter, too much 'ooh ahh' and not enough facts, he didn't tell us what construction it is, how wide/tall it is, what size the garage is, what is standard i.e engone gearbox and what are options etc.

Bit difficult to shield one's keypad entry from prying eyes.

You would need to carry a lot of spare electric motors and hydraulic rams - and a diagram of how to access them, including which bits of furniture to dismantle. I suppose if used for motorsports there will be a lot of engineers/electric/electronics guys around to help fix anything.

Then there is the parking - probably only motor cicuits and horsey events. Aires, no chance.

I hate the white/grey/black decor.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Got a mate who took delivery of one of these earlier in the year. I have to say that I was mightily impressed (and a little green eyed). Fully winterised, the electrics in particular impressed me. Yes there is a lot of tech but there is a full redundancy architecture of back up relays in case of a problem. Ok some of it is OTT IMO (but it’s only my opinion) but RC have a background in £5m boats where things like the « nighttime driving light set up » comes from, dealing with owners who expect everything - it’s just not the norm yet in MoHo’s. Having spent my formative years on my parents cabin cruiser (50+’, 22t, twin 750hp, 0.6mpg) where electrical and safety systems are paramount, I could see the comparison (& I am not talking high gloss veneer). All services accessible. No pulling trim out or wondering where a wire goes. Filter changes or electrical gremlins are no fun on thé high seas and I could see the difference in engineering, here. The RC Reminded me of happy times in between the engines bobbing about in the shipping lanes.
It’s superb and the one that I am saving up for (only without pullouts). Regarding the interior trim - you can have any colour that you want - even Marmite.
Not looked at a true German liner but IMO far superior to anything that I have seen in a Cathago or Hymer etc.
Well done RC. Not all of us want A class’s and some of us do want a generator.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Not much detail on their web site either Jon. The keypad will be OK ;) I hope, Its a Rhein composite door.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Got a mate who took delivery of one of these earlier in the year. I have to say that I was mightily impressed (and a little green eyed). Fully winterised, the electrics in particular impressed me. Yes there is a lot of tech but there is a full redundancy architecture of back up relays in case of a problem. Ok some of it is OTT IMO (but it’s only my opinion) but RC have a background in £5m boats where things like the « nighttime driving light set up » comes from, dealing with owners who expect everything - it’s just not the norm yet in MoHo’s. Having spent my formative years on my parents cabin cruiser (50+’, 22t, twin 750hp, 0.6mpg) where electrical and safety systems are paramount, I could see the comparison (& I am not talking high gloss veneer). All services accessible. No pulling trim out or wondering where a wire goes. Filter changes or electrical gremlins are no fun on thé high seas and I could see the difference in engineering, here. The RC Reminded me of happy times in between the engines in the bobbing about shipping lanes.
It’s superb and the one that I am saving up for (only without pullouts). Regarding the interior trim - you can have any colour that you want - even Marmite.
Not looked at a true German liner but IMO far superior to anything that I have seen in a Cathago or Hymer etc.
Well done RC. Not all of us want A class’s and some of use do want a generator.

Now that is great information for everyone. Sound really well built and this was evident in the 2 RC panel vans I looked at.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
He makes a big point that the batteries are inside ?

Arent they always ?
Sometimes they are in an outside locker that isn't terrible well sealed from the elements and isn't heated which will be more of an issue as LiFePO4 batteries become more the norm.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
It’s a hell of a lot of money period. Lottery win is the only way for most.

This particular layout wouldn’t suit a lot of people, but they sound as though they would be willing to adapt it, at further cost obviously.

Style also is always going to be a personal choice, for me it’s more about how practical it is.

If it ticks the boxes even for a few it’s great to see the other end of the scale, and what is possible.

You never know, it might be you 👆 next week.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Almost identical to my new van...

20200930_091856.jpg

(Don't have a laundry shoot though.)

JJ :cool:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
That bed wouldn't do it for me unless Halle Berry was next to me 👃

Mar 21, 2020
Frome, Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 69GL (LHD)
Exp
Since 2005
A very nice MH and looks well put together. Didn't mention/see a dining table in the lounge area! or do you eat your meals on your lap while watching TV and suffering from neck ache! 7 Ton though - a bit heavy. I'll keep to my 3.5T Arto.

OP
OP
B
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
A very nice MH and looks well put together. Didn't mention/see a dining table in the lounge area! or do you eat your meals on your lap while watching TV and suffering from neck ache! 7 Ton though - a bit heavy. I'll keep to my 3.5T Arto.
That point was raised by one of the comments on the youtube page. Basically you can have the layout of your choice like a L-shaped dinette.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Absolute quality by the looks to rival any German van, the only thing I don't like is those keypad fancy entry systems, I am a member of the Concorde owners group and they do seem to go wrong regularly.

I like things that are built to last and always think what it will be like after a few years.
Had that keypad entry on three vehicles over 10 years or so and never Gone wrong. There is a secret, secret way of opening on mine if say it was to go wrong or all batteries were flat (had that once when van had been in storage )

£220k seems a lot - I would want an A class fir that money so you get flat floor all the way through, higher seating position and bigger window But that’s just me

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Had that keypad entry on three vehicles over 10 years or so and never Gone wrong. There is a secret, secret way of opening on mine if say it was to go wrong or all batteries were flat (had that once when van had been in storage )

£220k seems a lot - I would want an A class fir that money so you get flat floor all the way through, higher seating position and bigger window But that’s just me

Spoke to someone recently who has had to have a new door he said on his Concorde because the keypad was knackered. Now that is ridiculous you have to agree.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Spoke to someone recently who has had to have a new door he said on his Concorde because the keypad was knackered. Now that is ridiculous you have to agree.
Pretty ridiculous but looking at mine there is clearly no way to service or remove it from in front or behind so it would be a new door I guess

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's called progress Paul, todays new technology is tomorrows used van so it's coming to everybody eventually like it or not.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It's called progress Paul, todays new technology is tomorrows used van so it's coming to everybody eventually like it or not.
On my last van I asked for a manual awning, they fitted an electrical one
Before I left the factory I said let’s see how it works as it is definitely something to go wrong.
Rolled out beautifully - would it retract? NO! The only way to retract was get a ladder and turn a screw an inch at a time. Once finally retracted I had them remove it and put a manual one back on.
I am much happier

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
On my last van I asked for a manual awning, they fitted an electrical one
Before I left the factory I said let’s see how it works as it is definitely something to go wrong.
Rolled out beautifully - would it retract? NO! The only way to retract was get a ladder and turn a screw an inch at a time. Once finally retracted I had them remove it and put a manual one back on.
I am much happier
The instructions for our electric awning say to power it in before coming out, it resets the limits apparently, ours has been OK so far but I can understand people still wanting manual other than with ours being so high up you would need binoculars to get the winder it.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

There's progress and progress though, some of it is just gadgets for the sake of it, I am all for progress where it's required, lithium, electric vehicles etc but not just for the sake.

It's just waste replacing a full door because the keypad is knackered.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Well if this is your definition of a "luxury motorhome" you are welcome to it, buy Hey Ho we all have different standards.

View attachment 432580
Throw a bed , a cupboard that looks like a fridge and and sink in there it will still be a truck, only a bit less horse power :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Not me its not Martin. While there are plenty of old ones out there I will resist things like keypad doors adblue and stop start etc. I'm not a luddite but think these things are tomorrows pointless repair bills.

Talking of doors, I recently had a problem with a multipoint house door. The normal repair option being.......a new door. they don't tell you that when they re selling it do they.

Hope your weather is good
Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back