strange power connections (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
found these under the drivers seat, speculation is maybe power seats and heated seat maybe ?
power under drivers seat.jpg

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
and then this .. looks like power, but dont know
power.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Vehicles often have wires for extras not fitted, it just makes it easier to have all the looms the same.

Not sure about the round socket. It doesn't have a waterproof cover so probably not gas or electric.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Think you will find this is a 12v power connection, to be used with an external water pump when filling the fresh water from an aquaroll etc..
blimey, does that mean i gotta drag a caravan behind me now ? or maybe a water tanker ?

as im informed i have a 130ltr water tank and a 60ltr fuel tank i think i might switch them round :LOL:

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Vehicles often have wires for extras not fitted, it just makes it easier to have all the looms the same.

Not sure about the round socket. It doesn't have a waterproof cover so probably not gas or electric.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as above the round connector is a socket to plug an external pump in to fill your onboard tank from a container

The wires under the seat are a throwback to the original design of the van/chassis cowl, The loom is the same for all models with not every option and plug used on every vehicle. Be careful with that set though as it is far too small for heated seats, more likely airbag sensors or seat side airbag. Shorting the wires can cause the airbags to fire or kill the airbag ecu

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
it has a plastic cover thats split

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
it has a plastic cover thats split
If you're not going to use it I suggest you try and find a plastic plug/cap you can shove in the end. You can find them on eBay. This might avoid corrosion of the contacts inside. A squirt of WD40 first would help too. :)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
You will find that a screw cap off a coke bottle (other bottles are available) will fit the external socket.
After replacing 3 when we had a caravan I found an alternative.

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Cap is missing

in my defence your honour i did take the cover off before taking the pic so your good self might actually see what i was referring to, otherwise the question might have been.. guess what is behind this busted plastic cover.. :LOL:

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Here's a pump and plug to fit the socket.

<Broken link removed>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back