Still a need for an iBoost now and again! (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have stayed at a site near St Ives for the last week. I have a Three mobile phone contract with data and also a Huawei MIFI with a Three data contract.

Neither could get more than 3G so internet hopeless!

Site had wifi but too far away and the aerial almost obscured by a granite building.

I got out our, used once, iBoost and had a great connection ever since so they can still be very useful if your rooftop MIFI aerial can only find 3G!

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
We use a 4Gee from EE. Stopped at Godrevy Park and had no issues at all? Is it possible that it was just 3 Mobile?
We also use O2 for phone use which could send Facetime full video messages to family back home in Lichfield . Seemed ok and only crashed a couple of times. Set it up on the 4Gee (Osprey i think its called) All seemed to work ok ?
Possibly a glitch?

Kev

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Three is rubbish here in west Cornwall....
That's how it seemed to me. I am 3 but the site was fine as was the owner's mobile which had 4G.

First time in about 4 years that the MIFI has not performed well either here or in Europe so can't complain as its 3's problem not my gear.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just resurrected mine as well.
It’s not been used for ages as we have used the mi-fi and recently just tethered from the mobile.
However, the Stellplatz we are on has wi-fi but little mobile reception and using the iBoost has meant that we can stay logged on and both use it at the same time.

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back