Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Earlier in year I bought a 2013 campervan based on the Boxer, and I am still getting used to all the controls. Unfortunately the controls mounted on the steering wheel are nothing like those shown in the user manual. Mine has toggle switches and looks as though it can control a phone. Can anyone provide a schematic and user information for my version please?

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Earlier in year I bought a 2013 campervan based on the Boxer, and I am still getting used to all the controls. Unfortunately the controls mounted on the steering wheel are nothing like those shown in the user manual. Mine has toggle switches and looks as though it can control a phone. Can anyone provide a schematic and user information for my version please?

Does yours look like this ? :

used-537-full-9243.jpg

OP
OP
T

TerryK

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Hi Mark (or Sharon), thanks for the response. My steering wheel looks like number 2 - the left hand drive one, but the manual only shows the first one. Do you have any instructions for the 2nd one please?

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Hi Mark (or Sharon), thanks for the response. My steering wheel looks like number 2 - the left hand drive one, but the manual only shows the first one. Do you have any instructions for the 2nd one please?

Yes, the second one is the same as ours -

Top left is audio speakers mute / unmute
Middle left is cruise control speed increase / decrease
Bottom left is voice control activation

Top right is answer / make phone call
Middle right is radio station tuning search
Bottom left is end phone call

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TerryK

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Thanks for that info. As regards the phone buttons, I assume I have to link van to my phone in some way. Any idea how to do that please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Thanks for that info. As regards the phone buttons, I assume I have to link van to my phone in some way. Any idea how to do that please?

Make sure your bluetooth is switched on - on your phone, turn the media unit in your van on, select settings & scroll to follow the easy instructions (y)

OP
OP
T

TerryK

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Sorry, pressed send too soon!!!! Could you please also explain what the "voice activation" button actually activates?

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Sorry, pressed send too soon!!!! Could you please also explain what the "voice activation" button actually activates?

Lots of different commands can be issued : Search for & call a name or number , send a text message to a name or number, command the sat nav, play tracks / albums / artists on u.s.b. / m.p.3 / i.pod music media, tune to chosen radio stations etc.

The middle right toggle also operates different functions depending on which music source is selected.

The middle left toggle also operates volume for audio, texts, hands free calls when cruise control is in off mode.

The top left toggle also controls the microphone on / off , pauses & restores the music / Bluetooth source function

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

TerryK

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Thanks for all your help with this. Having done some more research following your information, it appears that whilst I have the appropriate steering wheel and controls, I don't seem to have the rest of the system needed to do any of this. I just have a bog standard radio/cd player. and not blue tooth. It looks as though Swift didn't want to spend any more on this van, though it may have been an option available when originally sold in 2013.
Thanks again for your help with this. I shall have to have another play with the buttons and see if they do anything apart from volume control.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back