Starting problem with Peugeot boxer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Runningbear

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
Hi there can anyone help when my engine is hot and i swich off the key code imobiliser comes on and it will not start again till cools down

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi there. It needs to go on a ECU reader or fault finder unfortunately. It could be anything and then nothing of course!
Basically the Ecu is seeing a fault possibly on the cooling circuitry and is shutting things down to prevent further damage . It really needs the code finding and that will then tell you what is going wrong if anything.
Sorry to be a little vague but a code reader is the only way as it will now be stored in the ecu . Our garage locally to us charge for 1/2 hrs labour rate at £40. I know it sounds dear but any garage will find the fault for you and put your mind at rest hopefully.
A local garage will help I'm sure

Kev

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Think its the same as the fiat Ducato with a car symbol and a padlock through it Pappajohn.
It goes into safety mode so prevents starting .
Neither of mine had that. 1999 & 2001 Ducato.

I would expect if its logged a fault code and shut down it will need clearing before it will start, not just allowing to cool.

My thoughts are more electrical and heat related

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Runningbear

Runningbear

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
Runs perfect but stop & turn the ignition off say to get diesel and engine is hot it will not start & the key code light comes on stays on till engine cools down.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
The early Ducato's used to display a fault on the dash if it had a fault that is? The later ones have the Key immobiliser as do the Peugeot I believe ? It goes in to a "Limp mode" to protect either the engine or ancillary parts like the ecu or electrical circuitry etc

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Runs perfect but stop & turn the ignition off say to get diesel and engine is hot it will not start & the key code light comes on stays on till engine cools down.
You have no choice but to have it looked at with a code reader . It is preventing a fault from getting worse so suggest you get it done asap

Kev

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
You may be mistaken with the hot engine. I think it is just a matter of time not heat. My code light comes on especially if revved hard. There is a bridge fix to disarm the damned box but I haven't tried that yet as it is a nightmare if it fails. I have personally put a switch In line to the yellow box in steering column. I turn off the box and back on again befire stopping the engine which although it does illuminate the code light it seems happy to extinguish when you put key back in and turn ignition again. Can't confirm.it works all the time yet but so far so good. Code light issue is very common on older Ducato so presumably Boxer too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Runningbear

Runningbear

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
Thanks to all who gave me advise the problem has now been fixed took it to garage and they said it was the immobiliser to the fuel pump not working properly and have now fitted a new fuel pump without immobiliser and now it seems ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks to all who gave me advise the problem has now been fixed took it to garage and they said it was the immobiliser to the fuel pump not working properly and have now fitted a new fuel pump without immobiliser and now it seems ok

Have you got a part.number for afuel pump without immobiliser? And cost?

Upvote 0

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018

Thanks for coming back saying what the problem was and the fix, a lot of people let threads die without saying what problem was. It helps someone in the future (y)

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for coming back saying what the problem was and the fix, a lot of people let threads die without saying what problem was. It helps someone in the future (y)

Fuel pump part number and supply cost would be great too (sorry to nag). Pumps are £550 new so not a cheap repair.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back