Free Member
Jul 29, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie ex caravan
Our van has the nordelectronica control board (ne183) linked to the n189 fuseboard. Changing vehicle split charge relay and want to isolate from main control panel. I am happy with the 12v feed to charge the leisure battery and seems simple enough. The fridge on the other hand is my worry (thetford n112) the mains connection is on the back and gas works fine. I understand I need to have low amp 12v to keep fridge control panel going and a separate feed from the split charger. I take that's the D4 also on the back. The negative can that be linked from the vehicle chassis or do I need to run from vehicle battery? TIA for any help guys.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There is a picture of the N189 fuseboard on the Apuljack website
It shows two fuses for the fridge: a 5amp for the low power and a 20A for the high power. Usually the low power comes from the leisure battery.

The high power comes from the starter battery through a relay similar to the split charge relay. The coil of the relay is connected to the D+ signal from the alternator, so it switches on when the engine is running, and off when the engine stops. This is similar to the split charge relay for charging the leisure battery, and it is common to have the relays next to each other, with the D+ going to both relay coils.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im not sure what your trying to achieve does the nord electrics not have all this built in?
12 volts for the running of the 12v element needs a seperate relay between the vehicle battery and the fridge triggered by an engine running signal
12v for the control electrics is normally from your leisure battery
the relay is to stop you running your VB flat as three way fridges draw a lot of current on 12v so only connected when vehicle is running
if your having trouble finding an engine run signal there is a work around ask me if you need to know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Simpsons

The Simpsons

Free Member
Jul 29, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie ex caravan
im not sure what your trying to achieve does the nord electrics not have all this built in?
12 volts for the running of the 12v element needs a seperate relay between the vehicle battery and the fridge triggered by an engine running signal
12v for the control electrics is normally from your leisure battery
the relay is to stop you running your VB flat as three way fridges draw a lot of current on 12v so only connected when vehicle is running
if your having trouble finding an engine run signal there is a work around ask me if you need to know
Aim is to see if I can isolate the fridge on 12v from nordelectronica system when travelling.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back