Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I got a nice letter from the County Council last week, it said that I had been doing 38mph in a 30 mph zone on a clear country road on the outskirts of a village.
The only thing I saw was a sign stating how fast I was going, it must have included a camera? 🤔

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Whether the road was clear or not is irrelevant.

Is it a road close enough to you that you can easily check it speed restrictions signs exist? If not, can you ask someone else, possibly on here, to check for you?
Is there street lighting at the appropriate spacing?

If everything complies then accept your mistake ☹️

Gordon

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Whether the road was clear or not is irrelevant.

Is it a road close enough to you that you can easily check it speed restrictions signs exist? If not, can you ask someone else, possibly on here, to check for you?
Is there street lighting at the appropriate spacing?

If everything complies then accept your mistake ☹️

Gordon
Yes Officer I do, it was my mistake!

(I was just trying to warn others that, although one is existing a village in East Anglia and you are approaching a 40mph limited clear road, you might get clocked by one of the new ANPR cameras.)

I promise not to warn other Funsters again Officer! 🤬

PS. The speed limit sign as one approaches the village is overgrown by bushes and VERY hard to see, can you get onto the Highway Authority and get it cut back Please!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I got a nice letter from the County Council last week, it said that I had been doing 38mph in a 30 mph zone on a clear country road on the outskirts of a village.
The only thing I saw was a sign stating how fast I was going, it must have included a camera? 🤔
Was that for a fine or just a warning letter ?
1715694286394.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Funny
Reactions: Les
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Was that for a fine or just a warning letter ?
View attachment 897236
It was a warning letter of which the last paragraph states, 'Please be aware that SCC will share the information of egregious repeat speeding offences with the police for them to investigate.

Didn't know they knew what egregious meant?
I didn't! 😄

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Yes Officer I do, it was my mistake!

(I was just trying to warn others that, although one is existing a village in East Anglia and you are approaching a 40mph limited clear road, you might get clocked by one of the new ANPR cameras.)

I promise not to warn other Funsters again Officer! 🤬

PS. The speed limit sign as one approaches the village is overgrown by bushes and VERY hard to see, can you get onto the Highway Authority and get it cut back Please!
As a resident of an East Anglian village I am very grateful for you reminding folks that the speed limit applies even though the road is clear 👍

I hope you don’t mind me pointing out that this is not unique to EA: it also applies to the entire UK and afaik the rest of the world.

However, following in your helpful vein, I feel that it is sensible to remind people that the speed limit is also in place after nightfall. For those who only want to stick to the limits when there’s a possibility of being detected, please remember that it’s harder to see those bright yellow boxes in the dark 🙄

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
In case you have not heard there a 20mph in places in Wales :wink: