Spanish entry/Customs control

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Any Funsters recently experienced passport control into Spain.
How strictly are they enforcing the latest restrictions on food etc?
Some people had there MH searched and many items confiscated together with fines when we went over last year.
We find the rules quite vague.
Easy to make a mistake.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
Any Funsters recently experienced passport control into Spain.
How strictly are they enforcing the latest restrictions on food etc?
Some people had there MH searched and many items confiscated together with fines when we went over last year.
We find the rules quite vague.
Easy to make a mistake.
Hello Pontyboy.

If you do a search of the past threads you will see the subject has been discussed at length in the past.

Personally there is no need to bring food other than something to keep you going whilst traveling. Spain has a multitude of supermarkets with vast ranges of food and drink.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Maybe entering Spain from a ship, you will have your van and fridge checked, but I haven't heard of this happening so much at land border check points. I guess it depends on how much traffic or time of day etc whether you are lucky or not. Would be a shame to have to throw away some half empty/used food items for personal consumption though. But Rules are Rules I guess.
LES

Likes collected
Funster No
No trouble at all. Checked our Passports no checks inside. What I saw they were not interested. That was entering and leaving Spain.
colyboy

Likes collected
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
but you do feel like a criminal !

As I often say. We worry about taking a jar of Mayonnaise into Spain, made in the Netherlands. Yet I bet there are plenty of Transit vans with some illegal organic and organic non compounds crossing from Amsterdam to Malaga with barely a blink of an eye.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
No trouble at all. Checked our Passports no checks inside. What I saw they were not interested. That was entering and leaving Spain.
colyboy
To counter this, we had our fridge checked at Santander. I thought I was in trouble for the very small amount of food therein, but I think I eascaped a fine as the guy couldn't be bothered with the paperwork. I'm pretty sure if the fridge was fully loaded it would be emptied and a fine issued. ( They didn't check any cupboards, just the fridge).
As said above, there is plentiful great food in Spain. I will travel with and empty fridge in future.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
When we crossed into Santander last year the only people they were pulling were if you’re had a dog, we had a dog so entered that lane and while they checked the dog’s paperwork they checked our fridge, he found butter, bacon and other things on their band list🤫, he just shrugged his shoulders and muttered something about brexit and told us to go😂😁😁

OP
OP
Pontyboy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thanks for all messages, an empty fridge apart from some beer seems the best bet.:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back