Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
We arrived at Aguilas a couple of days ago and are on Quinta Bella again. It's surprised us how quiet it seems to be down here and wondered if it was just this area?(n)
Our site has plenty of spaces and from what we could see from the road, it seems that Bella Vista also does.
We drove to have a look at Camping Aguilas and it's deadly! About 15 vans on where-as last time we were here it was packed with about 80 odd units.
All the beaches at Aguilas now have Camping Prohibited signs and even the side road at Mercadona is deserted..........though why in Gods name anyone would stay there was always beyond us...........still, each to their own.:p
I thought the sites would be packed due to the clampdown on "wilding" but in this area, it seems not.
Went for a bike ride yesterday down past Carrolina beach but the first "wilders" I came across were down past the other side of the Murcia region sign. Had a chat with a nice Scots couple who'd been there a few days without hassle. Police had been round but didn't even get out of the car and the bread van still calls every morning so good luck to 'em. Even that area wasn't at all packed like a couple of years ago, only about 20 vans dotted all over the place.(y)
Fuel, wine and food still cheap............but what the hell is going on with French prices on the way down!:eek: Eye watering tho' thanks to ffiona's lovely nature we managed to get Class 2 on all but one small section coming down by using the Attention button and turning on the charm. Just as well !
We "wilded" for 4 nights from Eurotunnel so for fuel it cost us £600 and for tolls it came to £154. Using the N10 helps a lot but unfortunately we've found in the past that with a large rig, the extra fuel consumption used on French main roads pretty much wipes out any saving in tolls.
Looks like bread and dripping for the next 2 months!:D

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Quiet here too - Totana. Only 6 vans on the camperstop today and apparently the campsite up in the park, El Barro, is very quite too.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Last winter?
It's been raining all night here in Beni and forecast all day.

This is the second time we have had rain since the end of september. Should we skip Spain?

Ps. It was sunny in Edinburgh when we flew back on monday................sunny but 3°.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Rammed at Torre del Mar, both sites full already and limited availability as folk move on ( if they do!)
Only got here on Monday and had booked, but the pitch reserved was too small, but have managed to get on a larger one for this week before having to move onto another one the week after!
Stopped at a freeloading Tosser place at Torrox at the weekend and even that was busy. Must be this area.
Oh, and it's peeing down here right now too!!!

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Yes heavy rain last night in Portugal too.
Only third time I’ve seen rain in six weeks though.
Site I’m at is well- occupied by longstayers but not cramped

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Lots of spaces sounds good.
Rain doesn't. :(

Leaving home later this morning to start our drive down, via the tunnel.
Please send that rain and cold away..........sharpish!

Richard.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
But, but, but... Portugal needs the rain...

JJ :cool:

So does Spain a couple of days rain does nothing. :eek:

Anyway we're working in our apartment, so makes no difference to us. :LOL:

First night back here I slipped getting out the bath.:rolleyes:
So that won't happen again. :LOL:

20171120_130402.jpg 20171120_162955.jpg 20171128_222004.jpg
Getting there, and no not quiet in here everyone in the block can hear us. :whistle: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
About sixty pitches available on Villasol, as the autumn 90 day rate folk leave there will be a break for a couple of weeks before the Xmas crowd arrive.
Cheers.
Ed

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
So does Spain a couple of days rain does nothing. :eek:

Anyway we're working in our apartment, so makes no difference to us. :LOL:

First night back here I slipped getting out the bath.:rolleyes:
So that won't happen again. :LOL:

View attachment 199122 View attachment 199123 View attachment 199124
Getting there, and no not quiet in here everyone in the block can hear us. :whistle: Bob.
We were going to pop in a say hello as we move along the coast in January, but you have taken the bath out!! :crying: how could you?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We were going to pop in a say hello as we move along the coast in January, but you have taken the bath out!! :crying: how could you?

Blimey that's unusual ;) its normally the washing machine :eek: while we wine and dine them. :LOL:
Should be done tomorrow, ;) my assistant wants to go walking on Friday. :LOL: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back