* Spain, Malaga 2014 (5th - 25th March) UPDATE (1 Viewer)

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
almeriama

hi 2 u all [funster,s] great time at bella vista met some wondrful peaple great exprience will come agian if repeated many thanks to tonka/mr motorhome foe arranging a brilliant meet
we r currently in the harbour [bar] in the port airie,just chilling berore moving on to cartagena on way to benni pat & ann:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
taking a break

Attachments

• 20140325_144619.jpg
    20140325_144619.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Eagles

Hi all

Had a great time at bella vista good to meet new funsters with you all well on your travels. Now at national park doing some great walking. We saw eagles while travelling but not in park ha ha .

I'm sure I saw an eagle on the way from Algeciras to Jerez. There were two buzzards and a much bigger bird with feathered ends to it's wings which I'm sure was an eagle. What National Park are you at? and were you at Sanlucar on Tuesday.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Benidorm

How many funsters still living it up at
Villasol ?,

I shall be arriving some time on Saturday after spending some time down in Cabopino with my pal Terry, getting well oiled,

Now at Mojaca staying with Ian ( motorhomelover ), another good night out last night . . . .good job i'm getting used to this drinking, give it another year or so and I will be an expert :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Ken, we will still be here and I think there will be a few others still here.......Derek & Aud.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There are 6 or 7 of us still here Ken. A couple of Funsters will be moving on tomorrow ( Saturday), Pam and I will be leaving on Sunday. You will still have some company though so come on down.
Safe journey.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
How many funsters still living it up at
Villasol ?,

I shall be arriving some time on Saturday, getting well oiled,

Ken:thumb:

Ok that's it - we are leaving early :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you when you arrive.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all,
We eventually left BellaVista on the 26th and headed south. Picked up our tickets from Carlos and are now in Moulay Bousselham. It's cold and raining, let's hope it improves as we move inland and further south.

It was really good to meet up with you all and a special thanks to those who supplied some medication to help cure my dicky stomach. It "really" was appreciated.

Also a big thank you to Steve and Andrew for all the hardwork they put in organising the event. :thumb::thumb:

P.S. any chance of getting any windscreen stickers? We seem to be the only members who have'nt got any:cry:

ttfn Mike&Lin

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi all,
We eventually left BellaVista on the 26th and headed south. Picked up our tickets from Carlos and are now in Moulay Bousselham. It's cold and raining, let's hope it improves as we move inland and further south.

It was really good to meet up with you all and a special thanks to those who supplied some medication to help cure my dicky stomach. It "really" was appreciated.

Also a big thank you to Steve and Andrew for all the hardwork they put in organising the event. :thumb::thumb:

P.S. any chance of getting any windscreen stickers? We seem to be the only members who have'nt got any:cry:

ttfn Mike&Lin

Hi Again glad you are feeling better and now hope the sun shines again for you we are in Salamanca and its raining here to , as for the stickers if you contact Jim details at the right hand side of your screen just send a ..s a e and get that smiley face on your screen lovely to meet you both hopefully see you somewhere soon safe travels

Sue & Eric :)

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Where have all my fellow funster's disappeared to ?, did you spot me arriving and do a sudden bunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

I found Andrew and Carols MH, but no sign of them nor anyone else :cry:,

I am on pitch No 410, just near to where I was parked up before, look forward to having a wee jar together,

Ken
:thumb: :drink::drink:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Where have all my fellow funster's disappeared to ?, did you spot me arriving and do a sudden bunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

I found Andrew and Carols MH, but no sign of them nor anyone else :cry:,

I am on pitch No 410, just near to where I was parked up before, look forward to having a wee jar together,

Ken

Hello Ken,

:welcomefunster:

We will be going to the Tropical later tonight - with some other funsters you know. It's the DJ's birthday today so it should be fun watching the acts..Ziggy will also be there.

Hope to see you later - having a sleep before the fun begins. :fatbuddha:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Nearly home..

Champers and Tonka almost in Calais...
Just 1 more sleep for us at Cite Europe then Ferry on Monday morning..
Back to blighty.....

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
holed up

we r currently on a site in le campelo, le jardin 4 a couple of weeks or so then make a move up through france via tunnel i think c u all some time lol p&a:winky:
WHERE,S THE BEAR

Attachments

• 20140326_150513.jpg
    20140326_150513.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 27

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Brisey & Pamelaaar are now at Sobradiel, just north of Zaragossa, and are parked up for the night. We left Villasol, Benidorm at 12:30 ish in warm sunshine, but after 30 minutes or so it started to rain. It rained almost all the way from Denia to Valencia, quite heavy at times and it appeared to be heading down to Beni. Sad to say that we won't be at the Tropical tonight, but many thanks to the Funsters who gave us a great SOD OFF party there last night. Off to Bilbao in the morning for the ferry home, we will be back in the UK on Wednesday. We have had a great 3 1/2 months in Spain and have met up with many Funsters during that time. There are too many to list but thank you all for your friendship and hospitality, the memories will stay with us forever.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Brisey & Pamelaaar are now at Sobradiel, just north of Zaragossa, and are parked up for the night. We left Villasol, Benidorm at 12:30 ish in warm sunshine, but after 30 minutes or so it started to rain. It rained almost all the way from Denia to Valencia, quite heavy at times and it appeared to be heading down to Beni. Sad to say that we won't be at the Tropical tonight, but many thanks to the Funsters who gave us a great SOD OFF party there last night. Off to Bilbao in the morning for the ferry home, we will be back in the UK on Wednesday. We have had a great 3 1/2 months in Spain and have met up with many Funsters during that time. There are too many to list but thank you all for your friendship and hospitality, the memories will stay with us forever.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Glad you got there safe and sound. Pity about the bad weather on route. We didn't get any rain at all today, it was cloudy at times but warm when the sun came out. After last night's fun in the Tropical we need a quiet night in tonight.

Safe travels..........Derek & Audrey.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Well, after the "fun" at Bella Vista we continued with a bit more at Cordoba with friends and are now now pitched up with them at Puerto de Gelves, alongside Destination Unknown. Had three great days here but must now turn for home tomorrow.
Thanks to all the Fun members we have met along the way, for helping make our "mini trip" such a pleasure. Looking forward to meeting again at Stratford and Misterton in June.

Best regards

Bryan and Anna

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
we r currently on a site in le campelo, le jardin 4 a couple of weeks or so then make a move up through france via tunnel i think c u all some time lol p&a:winky:
WHERE,S THE BEAR
Hi Pat and Ann. Site at El Campello is near the coastal railway which runs from Alicante to Denia. Called the Tram it is well worth taking a trip as the scenery is beautiful. You can pre-buy Pensioners tickets and it's very cheap. You can also stop off and rejoin en-route on same ticket. Caters for wheelchairs but not sure about scooters. Some stations a bit inland and need connecting bus, including Benidorm. Alicante, Altea, and Denia near seafront.

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Now joined 3 other Funsters at Puerto de Gelves, near Seville. Arrived in beautiful sunshine, then it got cloudy, then rain! Hope to get bus into city tomorrow to see sights. Spent 5 nights on the Aire at Sanlucar de Barrameda. Large area right next to beach and free. Interesting town with beautiful buildings and churches, and loads of bars and restaurants! Bon Voyage to all those travelling back to the Motherland over the next few days, don't know when I'll go back. Enjoying myself discovering new places and meeting some lovely people like you lot. Hope to meet some of you again soon, maybe in Portugal, my next port of call.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
WHERE,S THE BEAR

We have all been looking for you here at Villasol, now we know why you didn't arrive lol !,

Glad you are enjoying the site at El Campello, its sounds great according to Chrissie's description, is it in the ACSI book ?,

Finally who is the attractive lass, with your Funster bear he he, enough to make me head up there smartish . . . Aye . . . I know . . . . in my dreams !!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
PX

GOT A DOOD PX DEAL ON HARBOUR 4 ANN COULDNT RESIST IT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have all been looking for you here at Villasol, now we know why you didn't arrive lol !,

Glad you are enjoying the site at El Campello, its sounds great according to Chrissie's description, is it in the ACSI book ?,

Finally who is the attractive lass, with your Funster bear he he, enough to make me head up there smartish . . . Aye . . . I know . . . . in my dreams !!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Champers and Tonka now at Calais port.. Waiting on the ferry :cry:

Just missed you. We caught the 08:50 train sous la manche. We are now pitched up on a stunning little CL in rural Lincolnshire with a Camra pub in the village :thumb:

Thanks for all your help and organisation Steve & Andrew

Ken & Lynda - we are hooked on Maroc :thumb: Covered just under 6000 miles since January 5th. Not done the money calcs as yet.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Just missed you. We caught the 08:50 train sous la manche. We are now pitched up on a stunning little CL in rural Lincolnshire with a Camra pub in the village :thumb:

Thanks for all your help and organisation Steve & Andrew

Ken & Lynda - we are hooked on Maroc :thumb: Covered just under 6000 miles since January 5th. Not done the money calcs as yet.

See you both at Eden Camp, you not going home this week?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Pamelaaar and I are now parked up for the night at Bilbao Port. We are already checked in and have been given our boarding passes, just have to wait until departure at 10:30 am tomorrow and we will be on our way back to the UK. Weather seems set fair for a smooth crossing.

Brisey.

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Well, after the "fun" at Bella Vista we continued with a bit more at Cordoba with friends and are now now pitched up with them at Puerto de Gelves, alongside Destination Unknown. Had three great days here but must now turn for home tomorrow.
Thanks to all the Fun members we have met along the way, for helping make our "mini trip" such a pleasure. Looking forward to meeting again at Stratford and Misterton in June.

Best regards

Bryan and Anna
Nice to meet up again at Gelves marina. Thanks for lift into Seville today and useful info re bus. Got back OK on bus with Dutch neighbours.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Nice to meet up again at Gelves marina. Thanks for lift into Seville today and useful info re bus. Got back OK on bus with Dutch neighbours.

Hello,
Have read many good reports on Gelves but cannot find the campsite in our Aires or Acsi guides. We would be grateful for the campsites details as we will be heading that way from Gib either tomorrow or Thursday...
Many thanks.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hello,
Have read many good reports on Gelves but cannot find the campsite in our Aires or Acsi guides. We would be grateful for the campsites details as we will be heading that way from Gib either tomorrow or Thursday...
Many thanks.

Puerto de Gelves is not a campsite but a marina on a tributary of the River Guadalquivir in Sevilla. Don't have the coordinates to hand but somebody will come along soon with them. In the meantime Google either Gelves, Seville or Puerto de Gelves, nice spot.

€12 per night, no EHU or €15 per night with EHU, just left there on Monday, some members still pitched up at marina. 10 minute bus ride to city from outside gates.
Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Hello,
Many thanks.
Hi. Site in new Aires book. A4 J15 followSE30 sp San Juan/Huelva. Then A8058 sp Coria del Rio. Cross 2 roundabouts and take left turn at 2nd traffic light junction ( filter right first and wait at lights to cross dual carriageway into service road). Marina entrance on right. Gates closed for security so push bell for attention. If no reply (as happened to me), park clear of gates and come in to officina on left or bar

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Goodbye from us

:thanks:​

On our way later this morning to Zaragoza (stop-over) then Bilbao for the ferry home tomorrow. :cry:

We have had a fantastic 4 months travelling through Spain and Morocco and will treasure the many memories made.

Thanks to all the Motorhomefun members who we partied with at ‘Villa Sol’ in Benidorm and ‘La Bella Vista’ in Manilva. It’s been a blast meeting old and many new friends.

Special thanks to Steve, Irene, Kath and John for making our journey in Morocco so much fun, what a great time we all had.

Goodbye to those enjoying themselves in Benidorm and safe journey’s home. Thanks for the ‘sod off’ party last night....

See everyone involved soon. Any ideas for next year folks? ::bigsmile:riving2:

Andrew and Carol

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:thanks:​

On our way later this morning to Zaragoza (stop-over) then Bilbao for the ferry home tomorrow. :cry:

We have had a fantastic 4 months travelling through Spain and Morocco and will treasure the many memories made.

Thanks to all the Motorhomefun members who we partied with at ‘Villa Sol’ in Benidorm and ‘La Bella Vista’ in Manilva. It’s been a blast meeting old and many new friends.

Special thanks to Steve, Irene, Kath and John for making our journey in Morocco so much fun, what a great time we all had.

Goodbye to those enjoying themselves in Benidorm and safe journey’s home. Thanks for the ‘sod off’ party last night....

See everyone involved soon. Any ideas for next year folks? ::bigsmile:riving2:

Andrew and Carol

Safe trip home... :thumb:
It's amazing how you can be away for months yet in 24 hours life is back to "normal"..
STILL... Tomorrow is another day.... Catch you soon..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back