Sound / Radio System - Isolation Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Spotto

Free Member
Nov 14, 2011
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Startrail
Exp
since 2010
Greetings, O Wise Ones.....

Ducato 2009 Autocruise Statrail 2.3.
I'm trying to isolate my after-market 2din radio/satnav/android screen system for when laying up when the van is not in use - eg over winter in storage - as it doesn't seem to want to switch off fully (panel lights still on) even after full "hard switch off" (pressing off-switch in for 10 secs). I can turn the whole van off via the Sargeant panel but that is automatically overridden if the van is then started by the storage chaps, for whatever reason.

Rather than leaving them instructions on how to then re-isolate everything again, I've decided either to fit an in-line rocker switch or simply to remove the fuse. I'm ok with the former but would like a bit of advice on the fuse option first. The FIAT Ducato manual seems to indicate that it is Fuse F39 - "EOBD socket, Sound System. A/C control. Alarm. Chronotachograph, Webasto timer (+battery)"

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/fiat/ducato/172-fiat-ducato-fuse-box-diagram-2006-2014.html

Or is the radio system wired to the leisure battery? (Don't think so as have checked several possible hab fuses).

My question is simply: Is it ok just to remove fuse F39 to check or will it somehow affect the Chronotachograph and somehow nadger/reset the on-board computer and/or related systems such that I then cause myself more problems? I'm guessing it should be ok.....?

Any advice gratefully received before I "go in" :(

Many thanks in advance.

S

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If it was me I’d fit a rocker switch on the red wire of the stereo harness. The yellow wire is the + for the memory and radio stations. I had to do the same for my Apple CarPlay double din stereo as there is no physical way to switch it off, it just relies the ignition switch but for some reason the previous owner must have hard wired the stereo to be always on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back