SORN Warning (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Just started to register one of my cars on SORN via the internet and wasn't paying attention, I started to fill in the form and noticed that something was different so stopped adding information to the form. Turns out I had clicked on this site
https://sornregisterservice.co.uk/?...aA4cRziHNW3tHhuykKwrVRmnN8aYGq5RoCXBcQAvD_BwE
and not the GOV site which was just below.
My fault but it was easily done so just as a warning you do not need to pay for this service!!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What's the scam then? Do they try and charge for it? I saw it yesterday when I SORNed our van, top result again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
They try to charge for what is essentially a free service, I'm guessing it's also data collecting.
Their service is not SORNing, it's filling in the forms for you, so it is legal for them to charge for this assistance. What I find wrong is that Google accept money from them to list them above the real website.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Either save the correct link as a bookmark in your browser, or when you search add "you.gov" to the search string. You'll get the correct site every time.

e.g. "sorn you.gov", "vehicle tax you.gov" etc.

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Been there got the T shirt with the European Health Card. Paid for two then found out they are free. Site was so convincing with government logo's as well.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yes, we could have been caught out when applying for a travel thingy for the USA a few years back. Luckily I had already checked how much they were so soon picked up it was a 3rd party operation.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The .gov site is supposed to come up above any of the paid sites now. When I did the car tax recently the .gov site came up at the top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back