Some advice please for September trip (1 Viewer)

Moragm

Free Member
Jun 2, 2014
HATTON PETERHEAD
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier
Exp
I'm a newbie
As we only have 2weeks holiday and live near Aberdeen we are taking the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry the last week of September. We would be grateful for any advice on routes/ places to visit etc. Would it be too far to travel to Czech Republic? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

bluemog

Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
3 years
We live in Peterhead and have also used the Newcastle ferry. We go away for 8/9months at a time now and trundle down to Portugal for the winter but when we used to just have 2 weeks holiday we would go to Germany and take our time travelling the Mosel and Rhine or the Hartz Mountains .....all gorgeous! I would find going to the Czech Republic in 2 weeks a bit of a rush (but certainly could be done) and you'd miss out on such a lot and feel the need for a holiday when you got home.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We will be on the Newcastle Ferry on the 21st of September, heading to Berlin for the week which is a lovely city if you haven't visited.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Depends on how far you're prepared to drive in a day. German autobahns are of a similar quality to our motorways, and not being toll roads they're about as busy. Assume an average speed of 50mph and you wouldn't be far wrong. I'd be thinking in terms of 3 overnight stops after leaving the ferry before getting to somewhere like Prague, and most of the days would be spent driving.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We hope to be on the Harwich to Hook of Holland ferry early September. We should be going on a climbing/trekking trip in Poland but due to an injured husband we had to cancel. Instead we may spend time in Holland, Germany, etc. I'll post on here if we find things of interest. Something may be of use to you!

What sort of things interest you?

Tony Roberts

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Christchurch New Zealand
Funster No
MH
None yet
Exp
If you go to the Czech Republic we very much enjoyed theeastern part of Germany know as "Saxon Switzerland'. Stayed at a cracking stellplatz in Struppen. Lots to see including Kongstein fortress and excellent cycling around the Elbe river.

Regards
tony

Tony Roberts

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Christchurch New Zealand
Funster No
MH
None yet
Exp
Forgot to sat how much we enjoyed the Czech Republic. Again lots to see and prices very reasonable. If you go to Prague there is a great campsite at Vrane - 30 minutes by train from central Prague and train tickets only 2 euro.

Regards
tony

OP
OP
Moragm

Moragm

Free Member
Jun 2, 2014
HATTON PETERHEAD
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for your replies. On reflection I think we will most likely travel around Holland/Germany to make the most of our holiday

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
A must do is the bulb field's take the coast road to the hook-of-holland and see the muirdem modle village, then on the way to Roterdam delft china, or go north for edam chease, I would find somewhere to park near Amsterdam and take a ride on the cannal, quite a lot to see there.
Then on to Germany lots of lovely places to see on the river rine not sure I spelled that right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back