Solo Motorhoming (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2017
Bournemouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Motorhome since March 2018, had caravan before
Hi I too am a Solo motorhomer and live close to Bournemouth, so not far away. Yes Covid is a real issue as is being solo and wondering what to do next. A distance walk is about the best it gets but even that would be welcome right now. Fancy a walk?

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
Hi, I didn’t buy a Motorhome until after I lost my husband, we spoke about buying one and travelling when we retired but that never happened.
I have had my lovely 6 berth 1993 hymer for 6 years now, I travel a lot alone and ever more with MotorhomeFun. The group is full of lovely helpful and sometimes mad (in a good way) and you will never be on your own unless you want to be.
next year when all this is under control you will have fun again xx

Eyegeedee

Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
CoachBuilt
Exp
I’m a one year old
Hi. I am in the same situation myself. I lost my wife last year and you are right, it doesn't feel the same in the motorhome. I've only been out twice this year. I bought an ebike so I can get out for long rides. It's something you can do on your own or with a friend too. Good luck with whatever you do. As I now say, you have to learn to live differently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Also don't forget events that aren't organised by motorhome fun members, will still attract members of mhf.
I attended Fairford Air Tattoo last year, I was parked within 100 yards of several funsters. I of course asked to be moved to a safe area of the field, like on the runway, also as suggested a dog, everybody stops to talk whilst out walking.

Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
18 months
Hi. I live right on the south coast and there are a couple of free wild camping spots near here ( and right off the ferry) at Portchester Castle and at Hill Head. Always lots of people about but if you like dogs, as Stephen said, they are great conversation openers and fab company too!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I was till a bachelor when I bought my MH and was solo for 2 years which I found easy, but had solo experience on my boat to draw on. Now I have had another 10 years of the MH with my partner and we both enjoy it together, but if we were not together I would still continue in the MH.

Geoff

Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Hi and welcome. Like you I lost my wife just before lockdown at the beginning so I do feel for you. I live just outside Bournemouth so also fairly close to you. Would be very happy to meet up with you and any others if you do manage to cross the Solent. It’s very lonely at the moment but hopefully things will improve when we get on top of this damn virus. People suggested I get a dog but unfortunately I have a cat so waiting for some dry weather to try and get her in the motorhome for a day trip to see if she is ok with travelling.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Kit44 , & Welcome from an ex -Islander from carisbrooke , Born there & lived on the island for 72 years , now living in Gorran Haven Cornwall . If & when we get back to normal or as normal as poss , get yourself to one of the rallies or shows with the funsters , you will be made very welcome and part of a great family . There's some nice 5 van sites on the island , we loved pickpockets at Newtown (c&cc) & the golf house at freshwater bay (CMC) plus many others , we miss those a lot as we haven't had chance to find local 5 van sites down here yet .
Terry & Ann

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
I am humbled and enlightened by all of your replies, It is good to know that there are still friendships to be made, and I look forward to making them.
Hi Kit44 and welcome, if you search on here for solo meet ups, I post a few places where I'll be and invite other Solos to join me, I've met some lovely people, we've been out for great walks and to local pubs for drinks. I'm in the south West but try to do the meet ups more centrally to get more folks to come. The next one is at Devizes, I've listed it on the solo's part of MHF and if you look at the arranged rallies, there's one in the New Forest next April which looks good. Please don't chuck it all in, it just takes the first step 😊

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Hi Kit44 and welcome, if you search on here for solo meet ups, I post a few places where I'll be and invite other Solos to join me, I've met some lovely people, we've been out for great walks and to local pubs for drinks. I'm in the south West but try to do the meet ups more centrally to get more folks to come. The next one is at Devizes, I've listed it on the solo's part of MHF and if you look at the arranged rallies, there's one in the New Forest next April which looks good. Please don't chuck it all in, it just takes the first step 😊

looking forward to Devizes Ginnie. Surprised to see so many Solos commenting Didn’t realize there were so many

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
looking forward to Devizes Ginnie. Surprised to see so many Solos commenting Didn’t realize there were so many
There's more than you think, be great when we can get more Solos coming out to play! :drinks: :Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back