Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
MH since 2016, caravanning since 1984
Hi all,
I have been a Caravanner and then a Motorhomer with my wife for many years, but last year became a widower. The thought of travelling and staying on a site without my partner does not appeal, and eating out alone is out of the question. This is why I have become a pretty good cook!
My Motorhome is a 22 year old Bessacarr which I have updated with Reversing Camera, GPS, Solar Panels, LED lighting, etc. I am looking forward to meeting other single motorhomers, but as I live on the Isle of Wight, it becomes expensive to travel to the “North Island” for short stays away. With the present Covoid 19 restrictions on meeting others and social distancing, what sites are available to us in the South of England where a few of us could get together?

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Hello I think you will be welcome with all, not just singles hope you find new friends as the rules allow (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kit44
Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
Thanks Langtoftlad and fullfat, Lets see what happens!

OP
OP
Kit44
Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
Thanks Vipar

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Hi. I know nothing about sites on the South Coast but wishing you good luck in making it work and meeting up with Funsters when circumstances allow.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
My wife died almost 13 years ago now and one of the first things I did was to sell the van. I am now onto my fourth van and although there is a lady friend in my life before she came along I was off on my own wildcamping or on meets organized on Fun.
You can attend whatever meets you wish whenever we get back to a new normality but I would suggest at this moment in time that you just get yourself away for a weekend or a couple of days just to do something.
I wish you the very best of luck whatever you do, life will never be the same again but there is still life, take care.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Welcome and I hope you can get out and about soon. One suggestion has been get a dog 👏 can I suggest you dust off your camera or camera phone and get out take photos of the sites and scenes you visit and post them on here. We are all interested in each other’s stories, and photos add skin to the bones of a thread.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello and welcome.. As Janine says, maybe next year the meets will be back in abundance.

Your loneliness is understandable but the meets..... a mixture of couples and solos... will help make you enjoy friendship and to laugh again.

In the meantime, just spend your time getting to know your van and its funny ways...... AND posting on here, of course, many threads on all kinds of topics to get through these Covid days.

Welcome Kit44

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2 (2).gif

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
:welcomesign:
I did 8 years on my own staying mainly at C&MC and C&CC main sites as they felt safe. Always felt awkward when trying to talk to other campers and then I joined Fun.
I've never looked back! Met so many people and made good friends. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful.
Hopefully next year we can get back to a bit of normality and meet up again.
Also, a dog does help!🐕

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
:pink: I lost my wife November last year after looking after her for 4 years since then i have had 3 vans been chasing my own backside like you say its not same , i have been to 4 meets with the fun crowd and have allways been welcomed and i will keep doing it hope you find your way it is not easy i know that for a fact all the best

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello ;bigwelcome:

Jul 31, 2017
Bournemouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Motorhome since March 2018, had caravan before
Hi all,
I have been a Caravanner and then a Motorhomer with my wife for many years, but last year became a widower. The thought of travelling and staying on a site without my partner does not appeal, and eating out alone is out of the question. This is why I have become a pretty good cook!
My Motorhome is a 22 year old Bessacarr which I have updated with Reversing Camera, GPS, Solar Panels, LED lighting, etc. I am looking forward to meeting other single motorhomers, but as I live on the Isle of Wight, it becomes expensive to travel to the “North Island” for short stays away. With the present Covoid 19 restrictions on meeting others and social distancing, what sites are available to us in the South of England where a few of us could get together?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back