Solenoid valve for grey waste. (5 Viewers)

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
Ours has just packed up. 2016 Mli620. The motor is continuously running so I've pulled the red wire off the switch temporarily. Not looking forward to huffing and puffing to get at the ---- thing.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
I'm looking at fitting the following valve to my grey waste,
http://www.solenoid-valve.world/by-material/brass-solenoid-valve/brass-solenoid-valve-AD40

has anymore fitted this type rather than the electric ball valve type? The outlet is 11/2" which makes fitting the ball valve system too bulky.
Just wondering why add a level of complexity that doesn't need to be there. What's wrong with a simple tap?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just wondering why add a level of complexity that doesn't need to be there. What's wrong with a simple tap?
Because it makes life so much easier, I can drive up to the service point line up over the drain using my service camera and press the switch. All done from the driving seat.
Looking at changing van the one we are thinking of doesn't have one, it will be one of the first things I fit.

It's the old story once you have had it you can't live without it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Our waste is emptied from a lever inside a locker (which is on the far side of the van!). It connects via a cable to the valve. Problem is that the cable has to push the valve closed and it's becoming sticky and the cable just buckles at the end of the throw so it doesn't close properly, so drips. I've tried silicone spray which has helped a bit, but I still have to manually reach under the van sometimes and push the valve plunger closed manually occasionally. Maybe it could probably do with some spring assistance... or I replace it with a solenoid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back