So many options - and decisions to make! (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We have a Globecar Campscout PVC van. Same as the Pössl vans but a different colour wood inside. We’re just back from a 2-week tour of Germany and loved the van - it’s perfect for us. We bought it because we wanted the 3rd bed (uses dinette and table plus an add on piece to make bed across the van). My 5’9” son used this in preference to the tent I packed ‘just in case’.
It also has a huge bathroom which uses the corridor and allows for a degree of privacy in front/back of van - useful with teenage son.
We have a rather large labradoodle and he fits in the garage under the bed. We take the top step out so he feels as if he’s with us and put a net across which stops him joining us up front. He loves travelling in the van.
I love the high level fridge too.
The only things I’d change is I’d prefer caravan type blind rather than Remis as they’re more robust.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We have just 'downsized' from a 6.7m Burstner (low profile coachbuilt) with a french bed to a 6m Hymercar (PVC) with a transverse rear bed (and no pop top).

The positives:-
  • Definitely a better driving experience and we feel more 'nimble'.
  • Easier to park
  • Huge bed
  • Huge 'garage' under the bed! Access through rear doors and also from inside.
  • Dinette and swivel cab seats generally more comfortable with a table that folds in half for casual use or folds flat to the wall to open up the space.
  • Huge 'patio' door!
There are compromises though:-
  • The bathroom is a challenge! The large sink folds away to enable use of the toilet or shower. A great idea in principle but needs a very careful plan, a degree of resourcefulness and agility and it's a good job only dirty people wash! :rolleyes:
  • The transverse bed means someone has to clamber over the other and it's a long drop to the floor - but again agility and practice makes perfect!
  • Kitchen is small - just 2 gas burners. Need to be creative with stove top oven and toaster etc. (or eat out!!!)
We have 2 border collies and they love the van. Jess has 'bagged' the space under the table for her bed and Flynn has his bed just under the transverse bed. We have made a divider for the garage area to stop the contents moving forward in the event if a sudden stop and can move it forward or back to accommodate Flynn's bed or evict him to get more stuff in!

Good luck with your hunting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back