Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I’ve just phoned SMC about some warranty work and I’ve been given a date of 23rd Nov for them to have a look at my van, I’ve always found great service from them since buying our Globecar in April this year.

John.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's nice to hear John. I'm
a big fan of SMC as my previous posts infer.

We had a small issue with the Fiat element of our van shortly after purchase and I have to say that SMC were all over the problem in minutes.

It's good to hear a successul outcome.

All the best,

Andrew

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Agree with you both, nothing is too much trouble for them always quick response and fix time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Agree with you both, nothing is too much trouble for them always quick response and fix time.
That's nice to hear John. I'm
a big fan of SMC as my previous posts infer.

We had a small issue with the Fiat element of our van shortly after purchase and I have to say that SMC were all over the problem in minutes.

It's good to hear a successul outcome.

All the best,

Andrew

If you've used SMC before, would you kindly click here and then click the review button. You can then review SMC with just a few mouse clicks. A Big thanks in anticipation (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anyone wants to search under my user name for threads relating to SMC they are more than welcome to be enlightened about how my warranty work has been dealt with ....

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I took my van to SMC this morning 8-30 am and my van was ready for the journey home by 10-30, no quibbles and really satisfied with work done to a professional high standard.

John.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I took my van to SMC this morning 8-30 am and my van was ready for the journey home by 10-30, no quibbles and really satisfied with work done to a professional high standard.

John.

Nice one John, that's very good service.

All the best,

Andrew

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Took the van into them late August to sort out some work I wanted doing and also for them to look at some warranty issues .As I was due to go into hospital and wasn't able to drive for a few weeks the van didn't go into them until the end of October. They had the van for 2 weeks as arranged,and when I collected it was very pleased with the quality of the work that was done.My disappointment was that 2 of the warranty items were not done as they were waiting for parts.The items are not crucial and will not stop me using the van, however I got the impression that they had not ordered the parts until the van actually went in for the repair instead of getting them ready beforehand.Now it will be another trip when they finally get the parts

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't get me ruddy started!!!!! :swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Took the van into them late August to sort out some work I wanted doing and also for them to look at some warranty issues .As I was due to go into hospital and wasn't able to drive for a few weeks the van didn't go into them until the end of October. They had the van for 2 weeks as arranged,and when I collected it was very pleased with the quality of the work that was done.My disappointment was that 2 of the warranty items were not done as they were waiting for parts.The items are not crucial and will not stop me using the van, however I got the impression that they had not ordered the parts until the van actually went in for the repair instead of getting them ready beforehand.Now it will be another trip when they finally get the parts

Isn't it always the case, regardless of dealership, that you always have to take the van to them for them TO SEE for themselves the defects before agreeing, yes there is a problem with whatever, then you have to drive away and wait for the parts to be ordered and delivered to the dealership.
If you are very lucky some dealers will work off photos that YOU take and send over to them to get the required parts ordered.
One of the worst manufacturers that I know of for not holding any spares is Swift, if you need a part, the dealer has to place an order with Swift directly, Swift then order the part from their suppliers, the parts after 6 to 12 weeks may then arrive at your dealers, but all too often the wrong parts arrive and the whole process has to start all over again :banghead:
You SHOULD stand a better chance of getting the required replacement parts from continental manufacturers that actually hold the spares themselves, and not rely so much on outsourcing from suppliers....well thats the theory anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back