Slidepods anybody had dealings with the company (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
i have just had a good conversation with the gentleman from slidepods. These are a system that can go into a van like a vw transporter to give a bed, fridge,sink,twin hob burner etc. But is then removable when using a van as a van not a recreational vehicle.
Has anybody either used the company or one of these slidepods system.
And no we are not downsizing from the morelo šŸ˜ itā€™s an addition as we need to buy a mid size van for the company and Iā€™m thinking outside the box.
Thanks everyone

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Had a look at their website https://www.slidepods.co.uk/ as not heard or read anything about them & look similar to these plug in removeable options https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-campal-ququq-amdro-more.229968/#post-4234536 . Both here & on the continent from the forums & Facebook groups that we follow Campal <Broken link removed> seems to be one of the most popular & keenly priced.
To be fair I liked the look of the slidepods kit as it looked a bit more robust then others Iā€™ve seen and although I prefer my money in my pocket I will splash the cash for a superior product.
Thank you for the links to these other systems though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
To be fair I liked the look of the slidepods kit as it looked a bit more robust then others Iā€™ve seen and although I prefer my money in my pocket I will splash the cash for a superior product.
Thank you for the links to these other systems though.
It would be helpful to be able to see these systems side by side to compare designs, materials, build quality & finish as difficult to tell looking at them online. It's good that there are a range though as like motorhomes everyone has different requirements.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
It would be helpful to be able to see these systems side by side to compare designs, materials, build quality & finish as difficult to tell looking at them online. It's good that there are a range though as like motorhomes everyone has different requirements.
It would but as we need to van and system before mid June and been locked down, the only way is by tinternet

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It would but as we need to van and system before mid June and been locked down, the only way is by tinternet
Please do post what you choose & photos as know many (including ourselves) are considering this kind of system :)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
When we had a VW T5 we looked at these and after lots of talking to him went for one of these instead <Broken link removed>

Deleted User
I purchased a Slidepod for my previous van, VW T6.
Excellent quality, transformed the van. Also purchased recommended mattress from Slidepods as height of unit is slightly different to standard bed support.
Loved this set up only changed due to Covid and needing own facilities.
Very helpful company, easy to deal with, would heartily recommend.

20200802_112824.jpg 20200806_085135.jpg

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I purchased a Slidepod for my previous van, VW T6.
Excellent quality, transformed the van. Also purchased recommended mattress from Slidepods as height of unit is slightly different to standard bed support.
Loved this set up only changed due to Covid and needing own facilities.
Very helpful company, easy to deal with, would heartily recommend.

View attachment 463321 View attachment 463322
Thank you. Thatā€™s very helpful.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Iā€™ve just rembered that Slidepods was on here under a different name, he bought a motor home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back