pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Two sleeping bags if it gets cold.

If you've ever been tent camping on a motorbike in early spring you'll survive sleeping in the back of a berlingo for a night or two.
I've done it and woke to find snow on the ground.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
You can get a "boot jump"for the back, sure you could make something similar.
Berlingo solo camper boot jump.jpg

Before we were married, Mrs G and I toured Scotland sleeping in my two stroke SAAB 96, the back seat dropped and you could lie with your feet in the boot:D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No heating and little or no insulation, would be cold in winter.

Ex army arctic sleeping bag would be needed
Not a problem with a farting dog stuffed into your sleeping bag ... you'll be 'gassed' so won't notice the cold! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Met a chap this morning on a motorhome stop in Germany, he had a small standard low roof panel van and had put an awning on the roof (attached to the side of a roof rack) and he'd simply stuck in a 3 ft domestic single bed with the space underneath used to store his stuff in clear plastic storage boxes of various sizes, with a camping 2-burner stove for cooking and water carriers (no sink). He'd just done 3 months in Spain etc and was looking to do another month before going back to the UK ... he didn't have a dog to keep him warm though. :D

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our younger son has bought a VW caddy . He’s doing it out so he can camp in it when off with his dirt bike on a weekend .
Ralph’s advised him on thoroughly insulating , vapour barriering and veltriming etc. He’s amazed how much quieter it is to drive by doing this already.
He’s also tall so he’s getting around not being able to stretch out fully by pushing the seats forward and cutting out the bottom third of the barrier between the cab and back . To poke his feet out.
He’s buying one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Block-Fi...hash=item45ef55c17c:m:mBaOkjXR9g_iEB5MdZZVqRQ
There’s different sizes available online and fabrics . He’s going for a vynal finish . Then it’ll wipe clean if his bike mucks it up. Though he’s got one of those portable jetwasher leaner things...
He says they fit in the back perfectly and you can use it to sit on then too , as a day van.
This way he and his bike can get in .
Or him and his girlfriend if he’s not got his bike if they go camping.
He’s not fully converting it as in sink/water etc he’s using it more like camping better/warmer/dryer than a tent.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Were you lovers?

:)

Nobody had 'lovers' in the 60's......

It was either a girlfriend or a 'leg over'

Sorry ladies.....:imoutahere:

It's all right Charlie, your dalliance with being gay is perfectly safe with us, we are your friends and won't judge you

Those were the days weren’t they?

I used to listen to all the boxing fights on the radio in bed.

It’s fair to say I was alone though and not cuddling a bloke:)
gay hadn't been invented then lads , a kick in the b.......
more likely

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back