Skye campsite recommendations (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Going to be struggling this time of year, John...

Unless you are a member of one of the other clubs... :(:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have used 2 sites on Skye, I don’t rate the place and only stop on our way over to the western isles

One definitely Open all year is Sligachan it is beside the main road through, owned by the hotel which does good food and is dog friendly if this applies to you, site is fairly basic but convenient with good views

The other was a mile north of Portree not easy access and the entry is over a wooden bridge I was really worried wouldn’t take our weight, didn’t rate that site either but it was raining

Will look up the site name when I am on my laptop, but think it was c&mc from memory

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have used 2 sites on Skye, I don’t rate the place and only stop on our way over to the western isles

I totally agree. Far better to go out to the Western Isles if you can.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
The Sligachan website describes it's camping thus -

A five minute walk from the Sligachan Hotel is the Sligachan Campsite. For those who enjoy a taste of the great outdoors, the Sligachan Campsite is an ideal base from which to explore Skye and the Cuillins. This provision has been a popular camping spot since 1985. Facilities including hot showers and laundry along with chemical toilet waste. There is also wifi available.

The site is open from March 29th until October 20th.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
we stayed at the Uig Bay site a couple of years ago. Very laid back, park where you like sort of place. fantastic for bird watching (saw my first white tailed eagles) and there is a couple of shops and a nice restaurant 10 min walk away. (if they are open at this time of year)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back