Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It was a bit windy last night it ripped the tie down tape from the side of our Silver Screens. Woke up to them flapping. Quite a rocky night in the motorhome

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
So how did you do it and what material did you need? Could you give us a little more info as I need to knock up a bonnet set for the winter in the alps.

Sorry I'm so late answering your post, still trying to find my around this site, things seem to move very quickly here! Just measure up, look at the page in the catalogue , everything you need is there, from the material to the binding tape, it's generally two to three days delivery from ordering.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just ordered a set from 'Foldstar'
Will let you know how I get on with 'em :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sorry I'm so late answering your post, still trying to find my around this site, things seem to move very quickly here! Just measure up, look at the page in the catalogue , everything you need is there, from the material to the binding tape, it's generally two to three days delivery from ordering.

Thank's for that. I will have a look at then get Nikki on the job and report back on this fine thread about how it goes.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Foldstar screens arrived VERY quickly indeed.. Came with a nice storage bag too.

Tried them on this morning and must say I was impressed with the quality of the 'build' and the ease of fitting ( to be honest I was a little concerned about fitting as I am a lazy git and if they had been a struggle to get in place I could see them getting left behind ( by accident of course ! :winky: )

All in all, while not cheapest at £84.00, they are not the dearest either, and I am happy to recommend them to anyone contemplating external screens

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Got mine Thursday and used them this past weekend. Very easy to fit. Only noticed some very slight condensation on the side windows where it fits around the mirror. Might just be the way I fitted em, but happy overall. :thumb:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Many thanks to all those funsters who have bought silver screens since the start of this thread, the commission is coming in fast from all suppliers mentioned and we'll shortly be booking our next trip on the proceeds! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hendrixfan

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Hastings, England
Funster No
MH
Ambulance conversion
Exp
Home made screens

Has anyone tried making their own? I saw some silver insulating stuff in B & Q that is for the inside of your garage doors, and wondered whether you could cut that to size and tape it? We're doing everything on a budget and £84 seems a lot of money!
And by the way, does anyone know where we could get a driver's door, as ours is now mostly filler!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back