Free Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
I'm still relatively new here, so don't know if there is a specific section for this - or if it's a no go area. Thought it would be nice to pass on good experiences with sites.

We recently spent 4 nights at the Riverside Park in Stratford upon Avon. This site was personally recommended to my wife by a work colleague.

It is superb in every way. The pitches are level and well drained. Each pitch has room for an awning on both sides of the van if that's what you want. The hook-up allowed the use of the electric heater (1KW setting), water heater and kettle (800W) simultaneously....not many sites you can dio that! The shower/toilet block was spotless. The onsite cafe/resturant did a 99p breakfast (egg, sausage, bacon & toast) - saves stinking out the van with a fry-up.

The site is a nice 15-20 minute stroll from Stratford town centre, or there are river taxi's from within the site. A Chinese and an Indian restaurant in the village, 3 minutes from the site gates.

Loved it! The good weather helped obviously, but all in all this is one site that we will definately use again and again.

The only negative was the lack of a digital TV signal, thought it was just us until we spoke to others on site. The analogue signal is just good enough to watch the 4 main channels though. Another piece of ammuntion in my quest to get satellite kit for the van.

Lloyd. ( One half of Team Numpty)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see Morons, they're everywhere....they just don't know they're Morons.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Lloydie

Thanks for the very useful information.:thumb:
There is a specific section for passing on campsite information.:Doh:
Go to the Resources > Reviews section on the left hand side of the home page, select UK Campsites and fill out a review page and upload the info and a few photos if you wish. It only takes a few minutes to do and will be of benefit to all Funsters.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lloydie

Free Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
Thanks Ralph-dot, excellent web site with some really good info.

Also thanks to Brisey, I thought that a forum as good as this one must have a section for this....just couldn't see it for looking!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back