dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Yvonne and I are thinking of going to Sicily in January. I look to the general weather on the web and it says 10 to 11°. I have read two blogs saying the weather is a roundabout 16 to 17 and about six at night. Has anybody been to Sicily in January February if so what was the weather like thanks David.

Deleted User
Just out of interest, are you planning to go via the Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnel or indeed some other route, and, do you happen to know if these routes are pretty much guaranteed to be open all winter. Just about to do my own research, however, would be interested in anything you have already found out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Was there for the winter 3 years ago. Not glorious weather but much better than UK, say a changeable spring here. Inland and the mountains can get quite cold with snow on the tops. Quite a few roads with mandatory snow chain signs. We got caught in a blizzard on driving up Etna plenty of sunny days though.

Dick

Reactions: DBK

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Yes
Yvonne and I are thinking of going to Sicily in January. I look to the general weather on the web and it says 10 to 11°. I have read two blogs saying the weather is a roundabout 16 to 17 and about six at night. Has anybody been to Sicily in January February if so what was the weather like thanks David.
Yes Sicily good in winter but right on the coast can be very cold inland just a few miles. I always go on ferry via Genoa to Palermo cuts out 750 miles of Italianndriving. Very company GNV takes 20 hours leaves at 11pm at night gets in about 7.30pm next night. Costs about ;£300 for 8m mh including cabin
I go via south of France to avoid snow through alps area
Regards GARRY Flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back