TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi Can you good guys help?
I am looking to purchase a spare pump, been online and cannot find exact replacement, the ones i am seeing have reduced Bar presure and deliver less water per minute. my pump is 20psi could i fit a 30psi to increase presure and flow rate?
IMG_1133.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It matters little what the pressure and flow rates are as long as you are happy with what the pump delivers.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It's OK as long as the boiler and pipes can tke the higher pressure. Truma boilers can take 2.8 bar (about 40 psi) but best to double-check the spec.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just increasing the pressure does not increase the flow rate, the pump you show is 7.5 l/min and I think most Shurflo are 7.0 l/min and 20psi so close enough in my book, I would keep the pressure the same personally.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just increasing the pressure does not increase the flow rate, the pump you show is 7.5 l/min and I think most Shurflo are 7.0 l/min and 20psi so close enough in my book, I would keep the pressure the same personally.

Martin
try explaining that to one or two members if you can.... And have the patience.

Even though I posted the pressure and flow rate from two shurflo pumps...30psi 7ltr....20psi 7ltr....they still insisted higher pressure meant higher flow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Even though I posted the pressure and flow rate from two shurflo pumps...30psi 7ltr....20psi 7ltr....they still insisted higher pressure meant higher flow.
Maximum flow rate of the pump will be measured with no restrictions, ie no pipework bends, couplers or shower head. The maximum pressure of the pump will be measured with full restriction to the flow.

So the pressure does not change the flow rate of the "pump" but it does alter the flow rate of the "system" as a greater pressure gets past the restrictions easier and allows more flow at the exit.

So I may or may not have discredited my original statement:xrofl:

Martin

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

Generally speaking that is the case...
In any given system if there is no change to the size of openings and length of pipe etc a increase in pressure will result in an increased flow..
That doesnt mean you cant get two pumps to operate at the same rate of flow at different pressures by design...
Andy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If it delivers 7 liters a minute it delivers 7 liters a minute.
My argument was that 7 liters is a finite amount regardless of the pressure behind it.
It cannot move more than 7 liters in one minute either through a 3" pipe or a drinking straw, but the water pressure differential will be vast between the two.

Deleted User
If it delivers 7 liters a minute it delivers 7 liters a minute.
My argument was that 7 liters is a finite amount regardless of the pressure behind it.
It cannot move more than 7 liters in one minute either through a 3" pipe or a drinking straw, but the water pressure differential will be vast between the two.

No it can't deliver more than 7l/min but it can deliver a lot less,if the pressure is capped at 20psi then the flow rate through the straw will be a lot less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back