Rally Shrewsbury Showground Bonfire & Fireworks weekend 2nd 3rd & 4th Nov 2018 (1 Viewer)

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I’ll bring a chilli to the Jacobs table, also a large pot of rice.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate - couple of quick questions - are dogs allowed in the room and is there any hard standing please xx
Sorry no dogs allowed in the room. Hard standing isn't available but we are aiming to get front wheels on the road

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK, thanks....we are new to all this sort of stuff. Be gentle with us!!
IMG_20180929_192151.jpg
IMG_20180929_192151.jpg
IMG_20180929_192159.jpg
this was a couple of the tables if food at pemprey @Carol have you any pucs if new year meet jacobs? Just to give our new funsters an idea of what to bring

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I'll have a look but just changed my phone so not sure x

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Random I know but does anyone going to the Bonfire meet have a Hawei P20 Pro. I have just changed to one from a I Phone and if any one has one could you spare me half a hour, would be grateful :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Carol I don't have the p20 pro, but do have an honor 7x made by the same manufacturer and running the same version of operating system so may be able to help you out.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Who and what is Shaun Vegas please Kate?

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
UPDATE

Hi All
Well bonfire VIP is nearly upon us.
Once the last firework display has finished we have secured Shaun Vegas to entertain you for the rest of the evening. There will be an additional charge of £6 per van which I will collect for this.
We also plan to hold a raffle on the Saturday evening and any prize contributions are very much welcomed. Any profit will be donated to bladder cancer charity.
For those not wanting to venture into the beautiful historic town of Shrewsbury,
the room will be open everyday from 10:30 onwards. Free refreshments, tea, coffee and biscuits. Please bring your own mugs.
The room is there to be used. IF ANYONE wants to arrange a craft time, games etc any ideas please let us know we will help in any way we can.

Please ensure you keep to the 6 m rule for parking at all times, for insurance purposes. Thankyou.

Thursday a.m.
Arrivals from 11:30 a.m onwards

Thursday evening
7 p.m. New and old funsters get together. Bring your own drinks and nibbles. Free and easy night.
Bingo/Quiz on request

Friday
Arrivals from 10:30 onwards

Friday evening 7 p.m. onwards Background music / Play Your Cards Right.
We are thinking of doing hot dogs later in the evening 8pm ish onwards on the balcony - numbers please? , whilst we have a "stargazing session " by red frame (weather permitting).

Saturday VIP event
bonfire will be lit at 5 p.m.
Bring your slow cookers, food etc over for 6:15 for Jacobs table.
Eating from 6:30 onwards.
First firework display 6.30
Second display is from 7 45.
Hired entertainment from 8.45pm onwards.

JACOBS TABLE INFO
For those who do not know what a Jacobs table is. Its where everyone brings food to the table. It can be hot /cold, as little or much as you wish. Some make hot currries, stews, chillies etc there are sockets to plug in slow cookers so if I you make a speciality and would like to share it with us please do so . Others bring, nibbles, cold plated sandwiches, sweets, puddings ect. We usually end up with a lovely FUNSTER buffet feast to be proud of.

Sunday
7PM
Free & easy /background music.
Quiz/Bingo on request.

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Who and what is Shaun Vegas please Kate?

You won’t be disappointed, we’ve seen him before and everybody thought he was really good. Very entertaining. Enjoy! (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Pleased you said that .........it just so happens..... :LOL: :LOL:

I’m liking the sound of this (y)

If you can set the questions on cars, carpentry and my past it will give me a chance of knowing some answers :D

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi,
How many would be interested in hot dogs on the Friday night , we have a few late arrivals on Friday so once everyone is more or less on site. Bill can get Cadac out on our very own VIP balcony. Was thinking time wise about 8pm can always carry on cooking for late arrivals. I just love the smell of sausages and onions cooking on a November night brings back happy memories of when my brother was alive, he always loved family gatherings around this time and start up the barbie.

Will need to make a charge of a £1each to cover costs incurred. Only like the 85%/95%meat sausages. Any monies over will go to our charity for the weekend
So numbers please. ????

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I'd go for that Kate. Sally is veggie so I'll have hers!!!
We have a veggie Funsters so will do veggie sausages as well India seperate pan Mind you would have to tell me which sort to buy I have no idea which are the best.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Kate,

Is there any restriction in the Tesco carpark at Battlefields? SWMBO will probably want to do some shopping on the way Thursday.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back