Rally Shrewsbury New Year 2019 - 2020 (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Here we go again .... It's party time at Shrewsbury Showground. SY1 2PF

This always gets booked up quickly. We have a maximum of 30 vans, 4 are already taken (more on that later), so 26 spaces left. First 26 names to reply will go on the list, and anyone after that will go on the reserve list.

Rally dates: Saturday 28th December to Thursday 2nd January. (However, by arrangement with Jan at the venue you will be able to arrive earlier and/or leave later.
Cost: £17 per night including hook-up, although some may have to share 13 Amps if you wish to be near the club house.

We have the VIP suite again throughout. Please note that this room is upstairs and there is no lift.

Please also note that dogs are not allowed into the upstairs VIP suite.

There will be some form of 'entertainment' every evening. We are still plotting planning what to do this year that's a little different. :Grin:One night we will have live music courtesy of some of the Funster Band. Hence the reserved places.

This year, we have a slightly different arrangement with the Showground. If you cancel once paid, the showground will retain £10 as an administration fee. Please do not try to book until we let you know you are on the list and that we have told Jan at the Showground. She will not accept bookings from people not on the list. If you do manage to book with them without prior agreement from us, you will be on their CL and be unable to join us in the venue as the key factor is space in the VIP suite.

When we have agreed you are on the list, we will start a private conversation with you. In replay we will need your full name and number, names (and ages if under 18) of those attending. Please do not post this information on this thread or the main forum. We will then send you details of how to book and pay with the showground.

You will need to pay at least one night as a deposit by the end of October with the full balance paid by Thursday 12th December before the showground shuts down for Christmas. Out of fairness to all, anyone on the list who does not pay by the dates indicated will lose their place and it it will be offered to the next person on the reserve list.

Any personal issues that could affect your attendance or enjoyment, please start a new conversation with us.

General questions can be posted in this thread.

Good luck everyone ...... Robin & Hilary aka. meanders

Attendees
1. meanders
2. Janine
3. martin1485
4. Evans Above
5. Mousy
6. quickweh
7. 34. Carol
8. canopus
9. Detnor
10. JockandRita
11. tonyandcarol
12. lunarman
13. Chocy boy
14. Lofty1
15. Tom A
16. gloworm
17. MisterB
18. duffie
19. Taran_Las
20. cliffandger
21. franknjan
22. triclops
23. TinaL
24. Poodlepower
25. Anthea M
26. Beacons
27. Greengrass
28. Kannon Fodda
29. bellabee
30. welshcake lady

Reserve list.
31. Chocy boy On list position 13
32. Lucky one Removed from list by request.
33. franknjan On list position 21
34. Carol On list position 7
35. TrebleH
36. WynandJean
37. rosalan
38. BILL 875
39. colyboy
40. Rustyspanners
41. Peter Calnon
Can you put me on the resere list please

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Morning funsters its jodies big day today she gets the keys for her first house today and is moving in Carol is helping her luckily it is only about a hundred metres from our house Nial is at work and will be moving the heavy stuff tonight with my help and one of his mates. They are so excited. I have a demob meeting in Manby depot this morning and then it's back to horncastle to catch up on my other works. :hugs: for those who need them and have a good day all.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Like most I guess, I am wondering how this batch of heavy rain is affecting The Shrewsbury Showground, knowing that it has already flooded ruining their Fireworks night.
My heart goes out to all up north that have been flooded out their homes again in Doncaster/Sheffied regions.
Fingers crossed all will be well for them, and our new years bash.
Les

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We went last year and it was great, any spaces left for two?
Done. However, you are 11th on the waiting list. If previous years are anything to go by, any offer to attend is likely to come very late as people tend to only cancel with ill health. That said, others ahead of you may by then made alternative arrangements so the list can move down very quickly.

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Humbug! just seen this, we are only up the road outside of Ellesmere.
Can I put my name down for 2020-21 in advance instead ;)

I understand the reservations from some if it gets wet.
I have been considering offering my field for the odd visit or mini meet but I am on clay so it would be very very seasonal!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Did you want to go on this year's list in case we get lots of cancellations Duckato ?

Sorry, no advance bookings for next year.. may not be us running it. :wink:

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You would be very welcome any time except NYE evening itself when we will be at capacity.

Putting you on the list in a moment.

Sep 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi there any space left for late comers please for Shrewsbury new year. 2019/20. Please

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi there any space left for late comers please for Shrewsbury new year. 2019/20. Please
You are already on the reserve list with 9 in front of you. See the first post in this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi can we add
Odyssey as well to the list please not sure they can get on internet currently please thanks Meanders

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can we add
Odyssey as well to the list please not sure they can get on internet currently please thanks Meanders
Odyssey is already on the list as No 43. Please watch the first post in this thread as we keep that as up-to-date as we can.(y):happy:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are not there this year to volunteer to do bacon buns for anybody that is up on NY morning? but if anybody is talking this on we got the bacon from the butcher in town and they delivered it to the Showground, the buns from the supermarket, Tesco I think?

Martin

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Martin funflair. Jock JockandRita have already offered to sort the bacon and Janine and we have discussed how best to get the rolls. I just need to start a list to see who would like bacon rolls but am up to my eyes in other commitments until after the weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back