Rally Chat Shrewsbury for New Year 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Just a thought,
Would any of you attending consider baking a birthday cake for my wife Barbara as she is (the age has a few sevens in it) on new years day.
I doubt if she has had one since she was a child. would obviously pay for this service, if I bought one she would find out you, know what ladies are like . Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just a thought,
Would any of you attending consider baking a birthday cake for my wife Barbara as she is (the age has a few sevens in it) on new years day.
I doubt if she has had one since she was a child. would obviously pay for this service, if I bought one she would find out you, know what ladies are like . Alan

I could put some candles on her bacon butty but that's as far as my culinary skills go.

Seriously though I am sure we can sort something, even if one of us goes into town on the 31st.

Martin

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
I have to give up one of my butty's just because it's her birthday ! they very thought ! what is England coming to, lol

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'll bring my own then:xThumb:.

And me...............cheese that is. :xThumb:

Cheers,

Jock.:xsmile:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

biohazard-symbol-clip-art-6142.jpeg

In case you're wondering - I'm not a lover of cheese:LOL:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Have we sorted the music? If not, I could bring stuff, but its nothing special. I have a tatty old mixer, a couple of radio mic's, plus some old domestic speakers I could bring.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Have we sorted the music? If not, I could bring stuff, but its nothing special. I have a tatty old mixer, a couple of radio mic's, plus some old domestic speakers I could bring.
I'll bring the earplugs :xThumb::xrofl::xrofl:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just a thought,
PM sent.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Looks like a bit of a one sided fight so far, and you seem to be winning:xThumb:

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That sounds "just the ticket" to me @meanders.
No doubt there might be a facility for the attachment of other music storage devices, via a jack plug connection.................if required. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK folks, thanks to @meanders for the offer to organise the music for us, hopefully we don't end up recreating the closing scenes from Titanic as the waters rise around our ankles.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

On a serious note, yes it has been very wet and quite possibly going to be wet over New Year how wet we don't know yet and how this will affect the room we are not sure either, where is the fingers crossed emoticon thingy.

If the river does flood it will be the room that will suffer, I spoke with Jan this morning and they are monitoring the situation and will keep me informed of anything important, if the access road floods there is another way in and Ian and Jan will sort this for us but please keep a watch on this thread for any important updates, the field itself should be OK and there are roadways we can park on if anybody has an aversion to getting stuck.

I plan to be on site along with @KayeB from Tuesday 29th and will update this thread when we arrive.

Please put a "watch" on this thread so you get all the updates.

If anybody wants my mobile number just drop me a PM and I will give you it that way.

Happy Christmas

Martin

EDIT Should have said dont forget your wellies. Also just had a text from Jan at the site and they say everything looks OK at the moment.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can't be easy for you Martin...think it's a case of fingers crossed

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can't be easy for you Martin...think it's a case of fingers crossed

I'm OK Paul, I'm taking the canoe, it has three seats so I could even come away in profit.

Martin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Massive problems very near to us with the River Irwell flooding, hoping it's better news for the people of Shrewsbury and our meet :xThumb:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Massive problems very near to us with the River Irwell flooding, hoping it's better news for the people of Shrewsbury and our meet :xThumb:

Looks OK at the moment, currently at the same level as the other day when I was in touch with Jan and Ian at the show ground and all was OK then, plenty of time yet though;).

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just had this txt from Jan.

Hi Martin

All still flood free at the Showground and not looking high enough in Wales to cause us any problems later on

Jan

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just had this txt from Jan.

Hi Martin

All still flood free at the Showground and not looking high enough in Wales to cause us any problems later on

Jan
Weather forecast isn't looking tropical but not too bad either. :xThumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
up date on music ive got a large blue tooth speaker for xmas so any one with music on their phones i pads etc can play it i think its loud enough for a room of 40 people ive got some music on usb stick which will play on it as well but just random ly unless we combine it with laptop which we can use as a juke boxif me and robin combine i think we have it covered

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Angela has a large selection of music she will bring along. :xThumb:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh, a question. Is everyone taking plates and bowls along or shall we get a supply of paper ones in?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back