Rally Chat Shrewsbury for New Year 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Couple of us are going to Shrewsbury over the New Year and staying on the Agricultural showground which is a short walk out of town. The showground offers level parking on grass with EHU included, I believe its £15 per night but will confirm. We have just been with the N+B owners club and we also had access to a room for getting together on an evening so this might be possible as well depending on numbers.

I think the area could take 15-20 vans with electric so if anybody else is interested I will talk to the showground people and put all the details on this thread.

As it stands at the moment just indicate if you are interested please.

@jonegood is our resident expert in the area and may have something to add.

Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In case your plan does not come together and you need an alternative..
MCC have a new year rally at Oswestry Rugby club. £9.50 a night.
Use of club room and showers, take own drinks.

I am aware of 3 other funsters who plan to go plus ourselves.
Need to be MCC members of course.
http://www.nwmandnw.org.uk/oswestryrugby3.html

Might be a good way to link two together and have a longer stay in the area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
One of the C&CC centres have a NY rally on the Oswestry showground, entertainment each night, I think it's £53 with electric, details in the club mag. I booked on it a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn't I'd have come to Shrewsbury (would have been our first Fun rally, oh well, another time eh).

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of the C&CC centres have a NY rally on the Oswestry showground, entertainment each night, I think it's £53 with electric, details in the club mag. I booked on it a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn't I'd have come to Shrewsbury (would have been our first Fun rally, oh well, another time eh).

Looks like Oswestry is the place to be, Shrewsbury isn't quite a Fun rally yet anyway so you are not missing much, it was just a couple of vans and we thought if anybody else is stuck for a place why not join us.

Martin

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
We are interesting in this sounds like a good plan.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Martin

Yes we had a very successful NB club meeting there. It is very convenient for the town centre and a nice peaceful spot. Ian and Jan were very accommodating and helpful.

It does occasionally flood but not very often and its pretty obvious when it is imminent.

It is £15 per night with electric and showground toilets/showers ( similar to peterborough) although they have said that they may offer a better price for a big rally.

here s the link for booking.

http://www.shropshirecountyshow.com/camping.html

Hth

Jon

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cheers @jonegood

Thanks for the link to the camping.

How many do you think we could sensibly park up with every one getting hook up.

Martin

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think CCC are on the showground,
MCC are in the Rugby club opposite, no booking with MCC can decide at last minute.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cheers Tonka

We are going for the Shrewsbury site this year, but thanks for the heads up on Oswestry another time perhaps.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Cheers @jonegood

Thanks for the link to the camping.

How many do you think we could sensibly park up with every one getting hook up.

Martin

I think 1ts 20 with a full hookup, but Ian has got a plan that he could get a few more on and as they re 16 amp breakers you probably could share some in summer time.

They are also trying to free up some more land and if so are considering better facilities and more EHU's but not sure when that would be.

Jon

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have asked the showground people the questions about numbers, cost and the room so will update this as soon as a reply comes in.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK interested people.

I have just Spoken to Jan at the http://www.shropshirecountyshow.com/camping.html Show ground in Shrewsbury, we are most welcome to use their facilities for a New Year get together.

They can take 20 vans all with hook up included in the price, she said we would just use the top of the site which has never flooded in December so that's a good start.

The cost is £15 per van per night paid directly to the site 01743 289831 ask for Jan or Ian and give them your "forum name" as well as your real names please as they will hold a booking page just for us.

If/when you book please post on here that you have booked and I will endeavour to keep the list up to date.

We have the use of a room included in the pitch price and there is a covered veranda so we can have a BBQ one night, or even all if you want. It will be our area to use how we see fit, so if we all want to stay in on New Years eve and have some food and music and possibly even a drink as its New Year that could be a plan. I am NOT the entertainments director so if anybody has any ideas "dont be shy" its your weekend to make of it what you wish.

We will be arriving Wednesday 30th Dec and plan to leave Saturday 2nd Jan you can come and go any day you wish as long as you have booked it with the show ground, but I can only be sure of being there to welcome you on the 30th and not before 12pm.

I will start the list off.

@meggie I promised to keep you up to date just in case you have not put the original thread on "watch".
@KayeB I have put you down here as I know that you dont post much(y).

funflair Martin and Jen 30th to 2nd
KayeB Kaye and Dave 30th to 2nd

More details will follow I am sure, we are away for 3 weeks with dodgy internet so be patient if replies seem slow.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Could you please put us on the maybe list. :)

Carol I have you as a maybe so just watch the numbers or if I dont respond just phone the show ground and ask then how many we are up to.

Martin

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
H'i everyone any one trying to book the shorpshire meet this is the email i just gone
Hi

We have no power and hence no phones -- sorry ! Western Power are doing new connections to the sight and have hit problems - we should be up and running by Friday.

Thanks

Ian
This the email i just got from ian at the show ground.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Pop us down please Martin, hopefully to arrive Thursday AM, (if not on the Wednesday afternoon).

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
All book now arriving on the 30th to the 2d
Just got this of Jan
Dear Mark

The switch over to our new electricity system is still not completed, I can book your dates in if you can confirm when you would like to arrive/depart. I will email you again the when we have a working phone line/power to take payment.

If you would rather talk with me my mobile is Broken Link Removed

I’m sorry for the inconvenience of our lack of electric at the office.

Kind Regards

Jan Forrest

Jan Forrest - Admin Officer

Greenhous West Mid Showground

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

admin@westmidshowground.com

www.shropshirecountyshow.com

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The site have had problem with electric supply to the office but all should be sorted next week. I will update the list in the morning.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi all, I think this is the list of people booked.

Funflair 30th - 2nd. Martin and Jen
KayeB 30th - 2nd. Kaye and Kaye
JockandRita 30th? Jock and Rita
meggie. 30th - 2nd. Mark and
mitzimad
meanders

Thinking about it.

Carol

Keep the bookings coming,

if anybody wants to call the showground and is having problems Jan's mobile is tel:07891 20942753. She said it OK to call this.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back