Rally Chat Shrewsbury for New Year 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can you put us on the list. Have Just Booked will arrive Wednesday as long as the sat nav can find it;)

John

Hi John and anybody else who is interested,

It should be easy enough to find BUT also easy to go very wrong, especially in anything much over 3 metres so it's worth doing your homework and planning your route.

If you use the co-ordinates N52.71722 W2.76254 it should take you to Gravel Hill Lane at which point you will be able to see other campers (unless your first) only kidding @KayeB has promised to be first.

On the image below I have marked where we are with the Yellow Star we might come into the showground a gate before it looks like on here so keep your eyes open, the bit to avoid is Cross Street and Castle Gates which does not show but is the north South road, it's all marked in Green (I know Green is wrong so just imagine it is RED), these two roads well certainly Cross Street are underneath the railway and have a 3.2 (I think) height limit, sorry I am a bit vague but can't get google street view to work on the WiFi while we are away so have a look yourself.

image.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh bugger, WiFi gone slow and double post, now deleted.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @KayeB @jonegood will you check what I have said about getting to the Shrewsbury show ground and add anything I have missed out.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Martin

The best way in in my opinion is to come from the A49 A53 junction at the north side, For those coming off the M54 its quicker and even for those coming from the west, its genrally easier than going through the town centre.

Cross St bridge is best avoided because its an arch that seems to diminish as you go through it so the unwary tend to catch corners or in extremis get jammed.

the directions we used for the n&b do are:

The address is

The Greenhous West Mid Showground
Berwick Road
Shrewsbury
SY1 2PF

Best way in from M54 as follows

At the first island you come to off M54/A5 ( massive thing with traffic lights) turn right towards Whitchurch.

at the next three islands take the 2nd exits,
basically taking an arc around the north side of Shrewsbury

At the 5th island take the second exit A528 towards town centre ( dont worry about the 11ft bridge sign you will turn off before you get there)

Go down the A528 for about 3/4 mile until the first set of traffic lights and turn right onto B5067.

about 1/4 mile downhill you should see a smallish road on your left, this is the showground access road and it is signposted.

Important Note
When you leave do not turn right at the traffic lights on the A528 because the bridge is nasty.

If you are coming from Whitchurch direction.

At the first large island with service station take 4th exit
straight over the next island

at the next island take the second exit A528 towards town centre ( dont worry about the 11ft bridge sign you will turn off before this)

Go down the A528 for about 3/4 mile until the first set of traffic lights and turn right onto B5067.

about 1/4 mile downhill you should see a smallish road on your left, this is the showground access road and it is signposted.

Important Note
When you leave do not turn right at the traffic lights on the A528 because the bridge is nasty.

Hope you all have a great time

Jon

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that John

Hopefully everybody follows your instruction as you can't beat local knowledge.

Martin

Thedaymaster

Free Member
Sep 27, 2015
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Team roller Zefiro 675
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi

New to the site but would like to get in for new year get together

Have emailed booking for Thursday 31 to Saturday 2nd

Please could you add me to the list

Cheers

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

New to the site but would like to get in for new year get together

Have emailed booking for Thursday 31 to Saturday 2nd

Please could you add me to the list

Cheers

Hi

A small meet like this is good for getting to know a few people, so it am sure you will enjoy.

You will be on the list when I update it but please keep a watch on the thread for details of what is going on.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi all

Who doesn't have and wants a name badge for New Year, it's just the regular FUN badge that you see at rallies but if this is your first you won't have seen one possibly(y). If we ask @Jim nicely he might do some and post them to me, otherwise it out with the crayons and card.

Anyway it just help with names and it will allow the organisers to return you to the right van on New Years morning.

Martin

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Martin we would normally but the badge making kit is not with us :(

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
I've tried phoning and have left a message on voicemail + I've emailed (belt and braces, that's me)
So hopefully we are booked on - just not paid as yet.
I will confirm my booking once I have paid :nod:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're not going to this meet, but we've been to the site this weekend. We followed the same route as that given by @jonegood from the M54, and it's very easy.

We liked the site. It was our first time, and we were the only ones there. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The ground was wet, and a bit churned up because the fun fair was there last week, but we were able to park on the road, rather than on the grass, and that was fine. We'll definitely go there again.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. We'd join you, but we've already booked for Lady Margaret Park, where we had a good time last New Year.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I've tried phoning and have left a message on voicemail + I've emailed (belt and braces, that's me)
I will guess that they are only in the office Monday to Friday.

Martin

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again

OK - booking confirmed with Jan and paid in full, please add us to your list. We will be landing about dinner time Wednesday :clap:

Thedaymaster

Free Member
Sep 27, 2015
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Team roller Zefiro 675
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi

Booking confirmed please add to list... will arrive thursday early morning but have got to go to work so will probably pitch up and go to work will be back thursday afternoon
booked until saturday

regards
Neil

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
4 more booking confirmed since my last update so to add to the list.

Should have said expand the quote and the list is there(y)

Hi All

KayeB
Funflair
JockandRita
meggie
mitzimad
meanders
petensal
Taran_Las (edited but I was tempted to leave it as Tarzan_Las)
Haganap
Jim&Julie
Badknee
Lunarman
Lofty1
Red Sonja
Thedaymaster
Triclops
Terry
Carol

That's 18 confirmed one down with Jan as a possible so maximum of 2 spaces left if the possible becomes impossible.

Thanks all

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK folks getting closer 1 or 2 places left if anybody wants to join us.

I contacted the tourist information at Shrewsbury as I know they do town walks and the like, but being New Year I was not sure what would be available, the reply is below.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your email. While Shrewsbury has a lot of events in the run up to Christmas, there is nothing organised for New Year, although some pubs may have a few festivities. The Information Office is only open Broken Link Removed, then closed Broken Link Removed, which means that the museum will also be closed then. The Castle also closes during this period. The shops will be open on New Year's Eve and there will probably be a market, but they may close early.

There is a guided walking tour of the town Broken Link Removed from the VIC in the Music Hall, which is also the museum.
There is plenty of walking in the area. In the town you can walk a long way around the river, although there are many walks in the county, particularly in south Shropshire. I have enclosed some information, which you may find useful.

Regards,

Robert

I have attached the Shrewsbury brochure that Robert sent but again a lot of stuff will be closed, the good news is that you can come back any time and have a better look around as the show ground camping is open as long as there are no big events on.

Martin

Attachments

• Shrewsbury Brochure 2015.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 9
Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
We would have loved to join you over the New Year but vanless at the moment, sold the Rapido a couple if months ago not picking the new Hymer up until mid January may see you in Spain
Dave and Carol

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We would have loved to join you over the New Year but vanless at the moment, sold the Rapido a couple if months ago not picking the new Hymer up until mid January may see you in Spain
Dave and Carol

Ah well, would have been good to catch up, good luck with the Hymer.

Post you travels in Spain and you never know your luck:xThumb:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Getting ready for NYE at Shrewsbury,

image.jpeg

Some mains powered outside light for the van and 60 party poppers for the room and some balloons.

Well it's a start isn't it, oh and 6 bottles of fizzy grape juice when I thought there would only be about 10 vans tops:xdoh:.

Any volunteers to put some music on for the night yet, please,,,,, pretty please:xThumb:.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sound good to me, Well the curry anyway.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

Just adding Kevin and Lyn from the Niesmann owners club to the list so thats 19.

One place left:xThumb:.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back