Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
Morning all, we have just got our first motorhome a 2008 Burstner Solano T725 and I have noticed that there is some crazing in the shower tray I'm sure it's only on the surface and wont leak but I was looking at some paint type stuff to try and smarten up the old girl? Has anyone come across this problem? If so how did you get around it? Cheers

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
There are companies that apply a spray stuff which we used to repair a crack in ours and it not only looks like new but has also been completely successful, mind the repair was not cheap but as I say, very good
Mike

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I've tried various ways of repairing my old shower tray, but used these and they're brilliant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
I had the speedcoat treatment done on the shower tray in my previous Hymer and it was excellent. Not cheap but very good. Do your research tho as speedcoat is franchised out. The first place I took mine too made a right bodge job of it so I got in touch with main place in Ludlow and they repaired the damage the first place did and re coated a second time. I can’t praise speedcoat at Ludlow enough the whole family were very helpful.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think the stuff they use is very similar if not the same as that used to spray load areas on pickups. I would pay for the professional job though as it seems to be a huge job to replace the shower tray if you cock it up.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Another + for Speedcoat, our cracked shower tray was made good together with another crack we hadn't spotted.

The only negative I have is that despite the new coating being white it didn't really match the original.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Another + for Speedcoat, our cracked shower tray was made good together with another crack we hadn't spotted.

The only negative I have is that despite the new coating being white it didn't really match the original.

that wouldnt be unusual to be fair. when i have tried to match white porcelain in a bathroom it can be very difficult to match properly. unless they have the facility to colour match the existing and produce a product that matches

OP
OP
M

Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
As a rough idea how much would I be looking at for the speedcoat option? And can it be done in the van

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mine was around £350 and it's done in situ. The guy who did mine took photographs of how he made screens out of plastic sheeting to protect everywhere else. It probably took him much longer to screen everything off than the actual repair process but it was ready within 24 hours, although he recommended leaving it longer, which is what I did.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
It was a Speedcoat franchise that did ours and it did take longer to mask up than to actually spray it!
Again as Terry says I think the cost was around £350 mark but since the tray went in first below all the shower sides then it more or less had to be done in situ
You dont say where you are but our man was just outside Swindon, the main company is at Ludlow
Not cheap by a good job done

mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back