Shower faucet (2 Viewers)

Feb 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner
IMG_1889.jpeg

Hi all my shower is leaking from the tap , Previous owner tried to fix it with some jd weld or something similar , I found a cheap new like for like replacement tap and was going to change it , Just wondering if anyone has tried this , I’m guessing the caps either side are hiding screws and I have to remove that panel to access the back of the tap to replace it , Any advice welcome

Thanks Keith

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont know the answer but a quick google bought up a few posts saying to remove the red/blue centre sticker and there may be a screw underneath. Worth a look.

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
orourkeith
Feb 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I dont know the answer but a quick google bought up a few posts saying to remove the red/blue centre sticker and there may be a screw underneath. Worth a look.
Thanks tonka ,

I did see that when I googled it but I need to un screw a large plastic nut at the back of the faucet that holds it in place and removing sticker wouldn’t give me access to the back of the tap to do so , Thanks tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
View attachment 894096
Hi all my shower is leaking from the tap , Previous owner tried to fix it with some jd weld or something similar , I found a cheap new like for like replacement tap and was going to change it , Just wondering if anyone has tried this , I’m guessing the caps either side are hiding screws and I have to remove that panel to access the back of the tap to replace it , Any advice welcome

Thanks Keith
We had such a leak on our T690 Burstner. The leak was from the hose swivel and not the valve lever but nonetheless it meant replacing the unit. To do so actually meant removing the whole of the shower cubical except for one small panel. To be fair though it was daunting before I began it turned out to be very easy really as none of the separate panels are bonded together, just over lapped...so once you start it all just flowed...... a useful exercise in the end !

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Had to change my mixer. Panel at the back allowed access to water feeds and then associated mounting nuts. Pretty straight forward job, least mine was. Remember to lube the nylon threads slightly, as it made assembly a lot easier.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
orourkeith
Feb 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We had such a leak on our T690 Burstner. The leak was from the hose swivel and not the valve lever but nonetheless it meant replacing the unit. To do so actually meant removing the whole of the shower cubical except for one small panel. To be fair though it was daunting before I began it turned out to be very easy really as none of the separate panels are bonded together, just over lapped...so once you start it all just flowed...... a useful exercise in the end !
Thanks ianp that sounds like what I will likely be facing these 10 minute jobs always seem to last an hour or so while doing anything on this van 🙈😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Changed the cassette in my shower tap without having to take the tap out. This is usually where they leak from. The cassette is £5 from screwfix. Job takes 10 minutes with minimal DiY skills
Yes I done exactly the same this week, a persistent small leak making the shower wet drove the wife to distraction, so I had my orders to keep the piece, very straight forward job, I used a reich insert, same as the one that came out,

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back