Shower Drain Pipe Leak.....bummer :( (1 Viewer)

Vouty

Free Member
Oct 9, 2012
West midlands
Funster No
MH
hymer s630
Exp
New
botched attempt at fixing a hard to get to leak in the shower drain pipe today.

Access is a real b*****r, there is a small hatch for access to the drain trap big enough to squeeze a hand through. Problem is the leak is at a right angle bend about a foot further in, and have to squeeze around the heating duct to add to the houdini contortions.

This means working blind, and my first attempt with plumbers putty was a dismal fail, since it hardened before I had all of the join covered :(

Annoyed that there does not appear to be any access to the underside of the shower without dismantling the whole of the interior - really dont want to do that.

Are there any magic leak fixy products that I could put down the drainpipe to seal it off. Its only a small leak but enough to puddle uder the shower tray, or find its way out if the van isnt level.

Thanks in advance

Carl

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Are you certain this is where the leak is ?

In my experience any leakage happens around the plughole - might be worth investigating...

Can't offer anymore advice I'm afraid, hope it's an easy fix :)

OP
OP
Vouty

Vouty

Free Member
Oct 9, 2012
West midlands
Funster No
MH
hymer s630
Exp
New
Yep absolutely sure - I could even move the joint with my hand - not sure if they are supposed to be push fit or glued in but this must have been leaking a long time, possibly from new (on an 18 year old van!) The shower tray has two drains, so it may be that the previous owners just decided to plug that drain and use the other one. Problem for me is that on level ground its the leaking one which is lower, and as the tube runs about half the length of the van quite a bit of water can back up in there.

I may just end up botching with more plumbers putty, although because the first application didnt go so well its going to be hard to get a reliable seal now....

need a fix as we are staying on a no facilities site in mid wales this weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back