Show me your fishing rod storage ideas (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
When we swapped over to the new van last year i took the opportunity to reduce the amount of gear to put back into the new one…. Slowly but surely however we are starting to needs those things which “we hardly ever use so lets leave them out“ 😂

So my fishing gear, waders, rods and etc will have to go through a slimming down process and then i need to find homes for it all in the van.

So curious to know what ingenious ideas people have come up with for storing their rods ? Here we have 2 fly rods, 2 barge poles, sorry carp rods… and 2 telescopic spinning rods🤔 the obvious choice is the garage ceiling i suppose ?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I have 2 bits of guttering screwed to the back of the garage near the top. Keeps them nicely in place. I suppose a length of downpipe screwed somewhere would be even better. Same idea as plumbers pop on top of their vans.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Plano rod carrier extends to 105 ish inches 4inch internal diameter.

IMG_1759.jpeg

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I have 2 bits of guttering screwed to the back of the garage near the top. Keeps them nicely in place. I suppose a length of downpipe screwed somewhere would be even better. Same idea as plumbers pop on top of their vans.

So you used a couple of smaller bits like brackets i guess ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
So you used a couple of smaller bits like brackets i guess ?
Yeah just 2 cuttings about an inch or 2 wide. Kept them in place so far and they've been up for a few years now. Holds a couple of other bits and bobs as well. Awning tension bar or something I think it is.

Dec 6, 2021
Bideford
Funster No
MH
Tabbert 740 A-class
Exp
We have island bed with individual curved slats, so I made the bottom slats removable I can now store rods in cloth bags down the side of the timber the slats fix onto, so no way of damaging the eyes,
Carp x2 Spinning x2 and beach rod..

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Calling Carpmart!

I’m in bed but will take some pics of V2 rod storage tomorrow.

TBH, some of the pipe storage ideas are making me think I may need to move to V3 rod storage. ✔️🤣

I carry everything from my Zodiac, Minn Kota outboard, baitboat, bed chair, bivvy (+beach fishing set up) so a full four rod carp setup, plus some regular river/pond bashing gear with me everywhere… must be 300kg of gear on board at the moment. 🤦‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have island bed with individual curved slats, so I made the bottom slats removable I can now store rods in cloth bags down the side of the timber the slats fix onto, so no way of damaging the eyes,
Carp x2 Spinning x2 and beach rod..

That is a smart idea 💡

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back