Shifty & The Hooker's French Adventure (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well I've been following the threads on here and it seems that there were terrible problems with migrants, but apparently they all disappeared at at about the same time @ShiftZZ entered the country....coincidence? I think not. They saw him coming and scarpered....

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
L have a lovely time and try and keep him out of trouble
Just for you Dave
Sheep+shaggers+what+happens+in+wales+stay+in+wales_efac11_3877961.jpg

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Another number 2
Aw Dave! It's only cos we is missin ha already, you being abroad an all! :love: PS Lorraine, can you teach me hooking please? I can knit but never learned to do it with one stick!! Lol

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Gerri - it's brill - only ever ONE stitch to drop! LOL

Lady near us the other winter couldn't remember how to 'turn a corner' and start another row. So I showed her. Then asked her what she was knitting, as it was shoved in a heap, but the yarn looked interesting. It was only a scarf, and 3 weeks after she started it, it was still only approx. 6 inches long. I half inched it, and finished it within 2 days! Then used a boilie needle (out of Pete's fishing tackle box) to attach the fringe, as it was fine thread with 'lumps' in it and I didn't have a crochet hook in the van.

I haven't felt the urge to start either knitting or crochet again though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Enjoy you travels S & L , lovely to me meet you L at Misterton . I was a happy hooker , havn't hooked for years but feel a project in the making want to have a go at 70,s tank tops or the hippy square cardigans :) looking forward to hearing of your losses ( hope there will be some ) and your travels :) love Kate xxxx

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Happy Hooker? There was I ignoring this thread as I didn't wish to sully my previous unblemished life by association but then I spotted what looked like Shifty photobombing the avatar. Has Shifty pulled a fast one, literally, or is the boot on the other foot, much to my relief all becomes clear on further reading. I am further re-assured to note that Shifty is heading south ensuring he will not be making his long intentioned trip to the Faroes at the same time as we do and so disturbing what is planned as a peaceful rest with some fishing and walking trips in the hills. Enjoy your trip Lorraine and Dave but don't keep all the sunshine to yourselves. (y)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
That's some puddle. Are you sure Soggy (@laneside) isn't around?

Oi young Graham I will have you know that we are desperate for a drop of good old Pennine rain, we have not a single blade of green grass left in our garden here in the Limousin

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
oh dear. you can have our share of the rain.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Oi young Graham I will have you know that we are desperate for a drop of good old Pennine rain, we have not a single blade of green grass left in our garden here in the Limousin
That's because you forgot to tether your cloud to the van when you went. We could see it over the hill, looking lost, when we were in Otley last week :D

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
In deepest france not a single English Rugby fan in sight. 29°C in the shade. Wall to wall 'soggy free zone'. I may even risk a glass of local hooch later chablis shandy.
Don't worry, Ron and I will be heading over the Channel a week Sunday so the balance will be restored and the required complement of England Rugby supporters will be in situ!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
only if you have a saints shirt with you. I can see you spitting from here.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't worry, Ron and I will be heading over the Channel a week Sunday so the balance will be restored and the required complement of England Rugby supporters will be in situ!

And we'll be about 3 days behind you so the balance can be tipped in England's favour as it of course should be (y)

Bloody part timer. Our schools don't finish until the 21st.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am not going anywhere until 22nd August:(

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
France is bloody expensive two large glasses of local plonk 5€. Jeeze shoplifting is a far far better option. If caught I'm going to claim to be a somalian gypsy with a great great great great grandfather who was deputy assistant sub comis chef to president de'galle second illigitimate great grandsons of his pastry chef(assistant). That should work.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
France is bloody expensive two large glasses of local plonk 5€. Jeeze shoplifting is a far far better option. If caught I'm going to claim to be a somalian gypsy with a great great great great grandfather who was deputy assistant sub comis chef to president de'galle second illigitimate great grandsons of his pastry chef(assistant). That should work.
You found the 10€ note then ?:sneaky:

OP
OP
The Happy Hooker
Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Aw Dave! It's only cos we is missin ha already, you being abroad an all! :love: PS Lorraine, can you teach me hooking please? I can knit but never learned to do it with one stick!! Lol

Gerri - it's brill - only ever ONE stitch to drop! LOL

Lady near us the other winter couldn't remember how to 'turn a corner' and start another row. So I showed her. Then asked her what she was knitting, as it was shoved in a heap, but the yarn looked interesting. It was only a scarf, and 3 weeks after she started it, it was still only approx. 6 inches long. I half inched it, and finished it within 2 days! Then used a boilie needle (out of Pete's fishing tackle box) to attach the fringe, as it was fine thread with 'lumps' in it and I didn't have a crochet hook in the van.

I haven't felt the urge to start either knitting or crochet again though.

Enjoy you travels S & L , lovely to me meet you L at Misterton . I was a happy hooker , havn't hooked for years but feel a project in the making want to have a go at 70,s tank tops or the hippy square cardigans :) looking forward to hearing of your losses ( hope there will be some ) and your travels :) love Kate xxxx

We should all get together for some mass hooking some time, & teach each other. The more alcohol involved , the more chances of not worrying if it goes wrong with ' f*** it, that'll do' as the mantra.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back