TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
A few years ago we stayed at Shell Island (west Wales coast) and thought it a nice place. The only real downside was (yes I know Carol) we went during the main school holidays and of course it was packed with hundreds of noisy little hooligans running around, not to mention the, supposedly not permitted, multi-family enclaves that had set themselves up and were obviously intent on enjoying themselves, ignoring any and everybody else. Not our type of experience at all and we "lasted" 2 nights.

But we still think it was somewhere we'd like to try again and I'm looking for somewhere for a few days getaway, once all the repairs and replacements on the van are sorted. The area would suit something else I've got in mind too so has anybody been recently and what is the best time to visit? Obviously not in school holidays/half-term (learned THAT lesson).

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think mid week outside school holidays you'll be safe.
It's a huge site so even when busy you can usually find a quiet corner.

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Year's ago we stayed on the northern part of the lagoon above shell island.
1000024048.jpg

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Any day between Sunday & Thursday is usually kid-free (ish).
This applies to most places I find.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I like the 2nd field on the right after you turn up the hill (goes right back down).

Down the bottom of it beside the mound next to he estuary, over the mound is a nice swim or canoe spot when the tide comes in.
And the bonus of being somewhat out of the prevailing wind from the sea at the top end as it's quite low.
Lots head right for the best sea views up top but for me down there is best and quiet ISH in comparison.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back