Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
spain
Funster No
MH
lowry
Exp
Hi All,

Do I need any special forms to sell UK regd. van to a Belgium dealer. IE export form of something?

Ta Tom

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No, if you look at your V5 it tells you what to do when exporting, you just fill out section 11. No different to selling in the UK except filling in a different section on the V5.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
tomlowry07

tomlowry07

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
spain
Funster No
MH
lowry
Exp
Thanks Lenny, yeah deal done, not going to bother going to Dusseldorf. Van should be ready October, Sebastian said its a 2020. Dunno how you manage to secure those big discounts?, i only got 8%, although i,m pretty happy with the price for trade in. He just phoned me last week and added alloys and distronic cruise control for an extra 500, not bad considering they are a about 1800 normally. Anyway the plus of this is, I should be able to pop in the back, and make a cup of tea whilst Distronic and lane keep assist are on. :) I,ll be sure to put some identifying mark on back of van so you,ll know to keep your distance.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks Lenny, yeah deal done, not going to bother going to Dusseldorf. Van should be ready October, Sebastian said its a 2020. Dunno how you manage to secure those big discounts?, i only got 8%, although i,m pretty happy with the price for trade in. He just phoned me last week and added alloys and distronic cruise control for an extra 500, not bad considering they are a about 1800 normally. Anyway the plus of this is, I should be able to pop in the back, and make a cup of tea whilst Distronic and lane keep assist are on. :) I,ll be sure to put some identifying mark on back of van so you,ll know to keep your distance.
8% is very low 15% is the norm. First van we got 13% but that was a special edition, 2nd one 16.7% and current one 19.75%. Normally better to buy at Dusseldorf as Hymer normally throw in extras for the show.
Don't know anyone who has bought from Campirama with a discount that low, maybe he has given you 2019 prices on a 2020 model, as new price list won't be out until August.

OP
OP
tomlowry07

tomlowry07

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
spain
Funster No
MH
lowry
Exp
yep i agree on the low discount, he would not budge. As you say i am getting 2020 model at 2019 price. i got 13% of them last time. He did say if I wanted 13% he would have to reduce trade in cost. Overall I,m pretty impressed with the price i got for my van , considering its 5 years old.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
yep i agree on the low discount, he would not budge. As you say i am getting 2020 model at 2019 price. i got 13% of them last time. He did say if I wanted 13% he would have to reduce trade in cost. Overall I,m pretty impressed with the price i got for my van , considering its 5 years old.
What van are you getting?

How does the price compare with uk dealer price ?

I’m guessing that it’s more than 8% cheaper

OP
OP
tomlowry07

tomlowry07

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
spain
Funster No
MH
lowry
Exp
Its a Hymer Merc B-mci . I went with euro dealer as mine is LHD and I want same. Discount will be greater if no trade in. Lenny is the Knowledge on this. I think he is on his 3rd from this dealer.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Nice one
When we bought our N&B from Germany our dealer offered a 14% discount off their list price.
But the saving compared to the UK dealer price 20% as the UK dealer had a higher list price

Rip off Britain me thinks

OP
OP
tomlowry07

tomlowry07

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
spain
Funster No
MH
lowry
Exp
yep, he stood by it. Pissed of i had to put 2 front tyres on last week though at 150 euros each...

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Very interested in your post, thanks.
We want a lhd La Strada but have a rhd mh which we need to px. (There is a vehicle at a uk dealer but rhd and not the spec on which I could justify the cost to change.)
At a loss as to what to do, as selling privately is not doable for various reasons.
We will be doing Dusseldorf again this year for more investiagtions.
Good luck with your new purchase.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Very interested in your post, thanks.
We want a lhd La Strada but have a rhd mh which we need to px. (There is a vehicle at a uk dealer but rhd and not the spec on which I could justify the cost to change.)
At a loss as to what to do, as selling privately is not doable for various reasons.
We will be doing Dusseldorf again this year for more investiagtions.
Good luck with your new purchase.
Foreign dealers won't take RHD. Our first van was RHD even though we bought it from Belgium. I was getting a bit worried as we hadn't sold it when the new van was due but our dealer said he would keep the new van a few months if we hadn't sold it. Sold it a couple of weeks before the new van arrived.
Always buy LHD now get much better trade in prices than in the UK.

Where is your van based UK or Gib? If the UK although it wouldn't be my first option but what about Motorhome Dept., they will try to screw the price down to get a sale they tend to work for the buyer rather than the seller who is paying them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Currently in UK. Thanks for the heads up on Motorhom Dept. I hadn’t heard of them.
Cheers.
Do a search on Fun a few threads on them some people pleased with them others not.
Have a friend who bought through them he was pleased with the deal but I don't think the sellers did very well but they were desperate for a quick sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back