Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I will be out of country for approx 1 year and don't fancy leaving the MH unattended for that time especially over winter in n Scotland ..

I'm toying with selling it either on auto trader or MH depot at local dealer , what's the general consensus on these options ??

A bloody shame as I've only bought it last march and it is a great vehicle - 2017 Adria Matrix SBC, spent a few quid on it, full service / bike rack / reverse camera to do when parts arrive at dealer ..

Anyway, all thoughts appreciated .

Stuart

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Go for it…
but if you don’t want to sell, why not look at covered storage first. The price you pay for a year in a secure barn might outweigh the £££’s you might lose if you sell…

You’ll get more money if you do manage to sell private… although, not everybody has the amount of funds available for such a large purchase.
Try it on hear 1st, but….
Ebay classifieds are are good starting point.
One fixed priced add for approximately £20 for a month and that’s it… no fees to pay afterwards.
Good luck

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My guess is the sooner the better whilst demand is still high - apparently.
Put it on Fun classifieds.
Autotrader, eBay.
If you have time to advertise it privately be prepared for no-shows, tyre kickers and viewers who have to raise the funds first.
If you bought it from a dealer you may be (pleasantly) surprised at their offer.

I'd forget the reversing camera unless you've already committed to it.

Perhaps Simon-Alan Kerr can help?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Don't give it to a dealer on sale or return. Some have a habit of going bust and you lose everything. Been there and done that to my cost.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all messages, good info there .. currently in Glenmore outside aviemore and heading home tomorrow ..
Will place ads personally before going the dealer route for sure, thanks again - will update on progress and outcomes as I go .

Cheers, Stuart

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I've sold last two on ebay fairly quickly and always got asking price. Always put conditions like no dealers, no silly offers etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've sold last two on ebay fairly quickly and always got asking price. Always put conditions like no dealers, no silly offers etc.
I like the sound of that ..think I'll give that a go first ..

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think it's a smart move selling. Given the second hand prices at the moment I think a move downs a lot more likely than up and you would have the hassle of storage and maintenance if you keep it. I would try a private ad first on here.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
I advertised our last motorhome (LHD Sunlight T67) on eBay and Gumtree. it eventually went via the add on Gumtree. Expect a lot of silly offers and 'dealers' offering you daft offers. To get around the image limit on both platforms I took dozens of pics and put them on flickr and sent the link to people who were genuinely interested. Alternatively you could just email them I suppose. I also covered the number plate and turned of location services on my phone, so the actual location is not revealed. The twitchy part is the actual exchange and we used online banking for the final transfer. There will need to be an element of trust if the agreed price is above the other party's transfer limit. Ours was but the purchaser agreed to transfer the remainder the day before. Looking at above posts advertising on this site would also be a sensible option. Oh, forgot to say we took everything out of the van before we took pics so it looked in 'showroom' condition. I'd looked at a few myself online and was put off by seeing peoples personal stuff in the van. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stuart o

Stuart o

Free Member
Oct 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for that, I was wondering about a few of those points,

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we did a couple of whatsap videos and sold ours via ebay in less than 24 hours (with deposit via online banking) for a lot more money than we were offered in part ex by Brownhills !

Upvote 0

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
Our was advertised on eBay about 6 weeks ago. We advertised it late on a Friday afternoon and it had sold by 11am the next morning.

We bought from a dealer for £45k in Nov 2020. We sold it 9 months later with 6000 additional miles for £48k. We spent a few thousand upgrading various bits and bobs, so we probably broke even. No complaints from our side!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back