Seitz Roof light Blide and flyscreen conundrum (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Pretty much got the hang of it now!
Hi Everyone in MH land.

I am just doing some bits and bobs to get my MH ready for its inaugural first trip out- when who knows but here's hoping. I am refurbing a Seitz roof light. I have retensioned the flyscreen and lubed the runner with silicone lube which now runs smooth as a whistle. I am recreaseing and shaping the sunshield/blind screen (hence rubber bands securing it.) I have found a single string with small metal crimps on the end as I took it apart. I suppose there should be two but cannot work out where they fit. I can see some notches at either end of the blind runners which look like they are to do with it but can't see how. Any ideas anyone? I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Paul

20210128_153641.jpg

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You might be able to glean some info here, and also order spares if required.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Hi Canopus

Thanks for that. The rooflight is 2003 so nothing on their website appears to fit the bill. You have given me an avenue to persue so many thanks for that.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Is it the heki 400 x 400 - heki mini? Thats one of the most frequently fitted.

If you give Leisure Spares a bell they may be able to help, but unfortunately they dont have premises you can visit.

Ive ordered Seitz window blind spares from them which had to come from Germany and they were spot on correct.

Part of the problem is Seitz were taken over by Dometic, as a good few other companies were.

Last edited:
  • Informative

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
In mine there are 2 strings, they do have metal crimps at the ends, and they do fit into the notches. The trick is that each string starts on one side or the other, runs along the side as far as the metal handle/leading edge of the blind, then crosses over to the other side through the metal edge of the blind, and continues along the other side to the notch at the other end. That's how it holds the blind in any position you move it to, while allowing you to move it freely.

Note: if you don't fix it properly into the notches, it will wait until you have reassembled it all and fixed it to the roof, before it comes loose again.

• Informative

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just now seen your picture and it looks kike it is the Heki Mini.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Nov 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
AT Dakota SE - Merc
Exp
Hi Manic and Edward FT

Very helpful advice many thanks. The video was also extremely helpful.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back