Micky 2 Bel's

Free Member
Jun 27, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi

Looking for recommendations for a secure site in Essex somewhere around the Maldon area that will take a 9m motorhome.

Many Thanks

Mick.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Anywhere local to

images (4).jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks, but I am after a secure storage site near Maldon in Essex.
Guardian at Marks Tey ( as recommended by Larby of Iron wallet fame) is not really that far from Maldon especially if there is nothing else. Quite a few people on here use or have used them.

OP
OP
Micky 2 Bel's

Micky 2 Bel's

Free Member
Jun 27, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Guardian at Marks Tey ( as recommended by Larby of Iron wallet fame) is not really that far from Maldon especially if there is nothing else. Quite a few people on here use or have used them.
I have emailed them, and they’ve replied that they don’t take Motorhomes at 9m in length.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi

Looking for recommendations for a secure site in Essex somewhere around the Maldon area that will take a 9m motorhome.

Many Thanks

Mick.

This is where i had my camper located when i moved in 2014
Was £175 a year then not sure how secure you need it
But there was a locked post with a decent lock and the owner
Lives on site or did ( my campers been sold ) when last used

http://parkfruitfarm.co.uk/location_map.html

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks, but I am after a secure storage site near Maldon in Essex.

Motorhome parking in Essex is very limited especially in the Maldon area. Not helped by the recent problems at Assured Accommodation in Danbury going into liquidation resulting in hundreds of Motorhome and caravans being made homeless. Consider yourself lucky that this nightmare of a facility is no longer operating under the pretence of safe storage. I got out just before the Police and Customs and Excise raids and deliberate destruction of stored property.

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
Motorhome parking in Essex is very limited especially in the Maldon area. Not helped by the recent problems at Assured Accommodation in Danbury going into liquidation resulting in hundreds of Motorhome and caravans being made homeless. Consider yourself lucky that this nightmare of a facility is no longer operating under the pretence of safe storage. I got out just before the Police and Customs and Excise raids and deliberate destruction of stored property.
We are still using this site, it is much more secure now than it was. The front gate is always shut and someone monitors you coming in. We have stayed for the moment, as like many others we cannot find an alternative. We are in Rochford and have been unable to find anything remotely secure.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We are still using this site, it is much more secure now than it was. The front gate is always shut and someone monitors you coming in. We have stayed for the moment, as like many others we cannot find an alternative. We are in Rochford and have been unable to find anything remotely secure.

I had thought it was now closed and had ceased trading. A real shame the owner was such an idiot. We came from Trueloves in Ingatestone when that closed and were reasonably happy there until it became a car breakers yard, rubbish disposal site, juggernaut parking area, storage container facility stacked three high, causing three caravans to be crushed due to them blowing over in high winds. The final straw was large amounts of broken glass spread all over the pitches, motorbike trekking throwing up stones all over our new Motorhome, Custom and Excise raids, Police raids and many broken promises to improve the facility.
Good luck and hope you manage to find a new place soon.

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
I had thought it was now closed and had ceased trading. A real shame the owner was such an idiot. We came from Trueloves in Ingatestone when that closed and were reasonably happy there until it became a car breakers yard, rubbish disposal site, juggernaut parking area, storage container facility stacked three high, causing three caravans to be crushed due to them blowing over in high winds. The final straw was large amounts of broken glass spread all over the pitches, motorbike trekking throwing up stones all over our new Motorhome, Custom and Excise raids, Police raids and many broken promises to improve the facility.
Good luck and hope you manage to find a new place soon.
Thanks. Sorry to hear of the damage to your MH. We were in the "quieter" part of the site, through the right-hand gate and turn right, so didn't have to worry about the other users and not near any of the containers. Have you found somewhere else or at home?

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We were fortunate and found covered storage near Hatfield Peveral. It’s run by two ex employees from Assured Accommodation who rent the space from a farmer. They originally used the space for their own car collection then decided to offer the remaining space to a few motorhomes from Assured who wanted to leave prior to all the problems. It’s very secure with an alarm and electric hook up, water etc. The only slight bug bear is the narrow couple of miles of country lane, especially if you encounter farm vehicles coming the other way.

Storage in the South East is a nightmare with any suitable land being more desirable for housing development - just like the scenario you find yourself in now. A certain person who lives in the Bungalow had big planes to sell the Assured Accommodation site to a developer. Instead of building up a healthy business he thought he would create an eyesore so the council would decide to close him down and he would sell the site for big£££££. Unfortunately he also he some expensive habits that meant he ran up big debts.

A real shame as there is so much space on the site and it could be a very profitable business if run properly. One other thing, although the premises are still advertised as a Cassoa Gold Site, they are in fact no longer as he never paid the renewal as far as we know. Something else that hacked me off when we found out as we had stated this on our insurance cover. Good luck with your search Stephen.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I too am a Rochefort resident. My drive is pretty secure but the space is taken!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back