second hdmi to tv vai the trunking by door (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I need to get a second hdmi cable down to the tv for a blu ray , has anybody achieved this using the trim trunking to the right of the tv where the heating fluid top is?

alternately we have the oyster hdtv decoder which seems to have a hdmi pass through, however I cant get this to work has anybody?

lastly is it possible to port the sound from the decoder to the radio headset to allow better sound quality? radio headset is pioneer avh190dvd

Ive allready found out that moving the tv makes the hdmi cable fall out as its too short to allow movement so Ive got some short M to F adaptors on order

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hey Phil
On our Carthago any device connected to the tv would play sound via the van sound system
I’d therefore suggest connecting a second hdmi cable, and using this to connect to the blu ray player or any other device such as a games console for the kids whenever required

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hey Phil
On our Carthago any device connected to the tv would play sound via the van sound system
I’d therefore suggest connecting a second hdmi cable, and using this to connect to the blu ray player or any other device such as a games console for the kids whenever required

Hi Robert
so are you saying the sound is sourced at the tv end, not the decoder end? which is where I thought it came from?

I must have some setting set wrong....

I can get dvds to play from the pioneer headset but the quality is not great as it comes into the tv on a Av cable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On ours when you played DVD’s using the sound system you had to select the sound system as the input for the video on the tv

When we were watching terrestrial tv or had our iPhone connected to the tv we had to change the input settings on the van sound system

On ours the link between the sound system and the tv was via an av cable and a two way scart plug with a switch on it. On one occasion the switch moved to the wrong position and we had to switch it back.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
On ours when you played DVD’s using the sound system you had to select the sound system as the input for the video on the tv

same....or ditto
When we were watching terrestrial tv or had our iPhone connected to the tv we had to change the input settings on the van sound system

so on the radio headset?
On ours the link between the sound system and the tv was via an av cable and a two way scart plug with a switch on it. On one occasion the switch moved to the wrong position and we had to switch it back.

we don't have a scart plug, the input/output is done with RCA plugs/cables

a little more playing is needed.....

addoaddo

Free Member
May 21, 2018
Newbury
Funster No
MH
Cathargo e line
Exp
long time
Just get an hdmi switch from Amazon. These are remote controlled and quite cheap. You can then just use the single cable to the tv

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
i did try that as Ive got a few and it was my first option , it didn't seem to work correctly Im not sure why, I will try another tomorrow, the oyster decoder worked fine, but the the blu ray was distorted, when swapping the inputs it made no difference which surprised me, when I fitted a second hdmi it worked fine, but that was over the front of the cabinets which is not good, hence the question. the blu ray player works fine directly inputted into the tv

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back