Scotland No Go (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
What it means is that it is impossible to travel from the South of Scotland to any other part of the country, travel to England is forbidden as is travel through a level 4 area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
And the England wouldn’t have a care in the world if the Scots came over.... crazy times. Fair play Scotland

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
What it means is that it is impossible to travel from the South of Scotland to any other part of the country, travel to England is forbidden as is travel through a level 4 area.
Not quite correct. One of the exemptions is transiting through a level 3or 4 area if both start and finish are in a lower level area. So we could travel from D&G or the Borders to the Highlands.

There are 19 exemptions to the ban but I couldn’t see the one NS referred to today in connection to a dying woman wanting to know if she could travel to the airport for a booked last holiday with her children But did see that you can visit recycling centre if there isn’t one in your area.

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
well with one of the main routes to n. Ireland through Dumfries and Galloway to the cairn Ryan ferries that could get awkward.. :unsure:
I guess freight is essential and I hope they consider my journeys essential(y):LOL:
it will be a transit through the area..
Andy

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Not quite correct. One of the exemptions is transiting through a level 3or 4 area if both start and finish are in a lower level area. So we could travel from D&G or the Borders to the Highlands.

There are 19 exemptions to the ban but I couldn’t see the one NS referred to today in connection to a dying woman wanting to know if she could travel to the airport for a booked last holiday with her children But did see that you can visit recycling centre if there isn’t one in your area.
Just took this off the Scot gov website, you are not allowed to travel from one council area to another, even if both are on the same level. As in Fife to Perth both level 3. She is trying to get this put into law instead of advisory.

“Travel restrictions will be put into law on 20 November to further enforce the current guidance that restricts people who live in a Level 3 or Level 4 local authority area from travelling outside their local authority except for an essential purpose - such as work or caring responsibilities.

The regulations also prevent non-essential travel into a Level 3 or 4 local authority area, except for the same reasons.”

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Is it essential to travel to Berwick for cheaper alcohol ? or cross the other-way to Eyemouth to get an open pub:reel:

Just for the record I have no idea of the cost of alcohol in Berwick and I'm not brave enough to go drinking in Eyemouth
Daughter lives in Eyemouth so has to travel to Berwick to work. Come up to Eyemouth for a drink and I'll get her hubby's family to protect you especially if you drink in their friends pub. ;)

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Just took this off the Scot gov website, you are not allowed to travel from one council area to another, even if both are on the same level. As in Fife to Perth both level 3. She is trying to get this put into law instead of advisory.

“Travel restrictions will be put into law on 20 November to further enforce the current guidance that restricts people who live in a Level 3 or Level 4 local authority area from travelling outside their local authority except for an essential purpose - such as work or caring responsibilities.

The regulations also prevent non-essential travel into a Level 3 or 4 local authority area, except for the same reasons.”
The exemption I quoted is from the Scot Gov website. It is dated 1 Nov but is a link from the latest update.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
well with one of the main routes to n. Ireland through Dumfries and Galloway to the cairn Ryan ferries that could get awkward.. :unsure:
I guess freight is essential
Any type of delivery,working, etc; is not included in anything.Restrictions only apply to the peasants.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Daughter lives in Eyemouth so has to travel to Berwick to work. Come up to Eyemouth for a drink and I'll get her hubby's family to protect you especially if you drink in their friends pub. ;)
If her hubby's from Eyemouth I could have a good stab at their name :rolleyes:
Have spent too much time in Eyemouth for work not to be biased
Some decent lunch stops though

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thank goodness the travel directive is now being taken seriously. I believe travel, whether to/from England or abroad is a large reason numbers have risen since the summer.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
If you are on a train which crosses the border who has committed the offence? You, or the train driver for taking you across?

I have consulted and A.P. Herbert was of no help.

Why is the train crossing the border in the first place with passengers not having a pass?
My wife is a frontline medical person and has been issued with a pass from the very beginning as she has clinics in hospitals all over the North of England.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thank goodness the travel directive is now being taken seriously. I believe travel, whether to/from England or abroad is a large reason numbers have risen since the summer.
Yet the so called experts are blaming it on in door gatherings.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back