LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We have every opportunity to escape the summer heat...some love it but we prefer the temperatures of Autumn, Winter and Spring here in Spain. Our Med location...
Living in a vast country, with diverse cultures makes travelling a wonderful experience....however 40°c or more makes it an ordeal....that's why we are currently in the uncrowded region of Galicia.... uncrowded beaches, enough motorhome parking to fit us all in.....an exodus' of Spanish families is evident right now, increasing the numbers...at the last count, we have 3 motorhomes here on a stretch of beach exceeding 5 km...
Another point I would like to raise is the many Solar related YouTube videos I have been encouraged to watch, I think the FLC...Free Loading Cobbers have got it right....their usage of all the available Solar Energy puts all of us to shame, well done Australia...big country, small population, snakes and spiders that can leave you paralysed....
So back to Spain...treat it well and in return it will ensure you have a good trip.....the Costas are fine for a two week, beach holiday...eat and drink as much as you like on a budget that undercuts the cheapest of Witherspoons...this is our second Covid forced Staycation...it's not going to be our last..

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Only yesterday I was telling my mate WESTY66 how air con was a waste of money now I have changed my mind sitting here at caceres in 35 c and not a breath of wind 🤪 and tomorrow we go further south 😂😂😂 . A/c might be on the shopping list or we may stick to winter breaks 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Only 33°C here in Central Portugal...

Just cooled off a bit in the (tiny) pool with Tee shirt and track suit bottoms on...

Great system 'cos when you come out of the pool, as your "clothes" dry off in the blazing sun, the evaporation cools your body down (just like an absorption fridge).

JJ :cool:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I normally do a thread, but I didn't this year. I admit I do get despondent at the lack of posts I get.

However. I've posted daily on the MT and so have lots of photos. I give you some here ...

DSCN8829.JPG
DSCN8842.JPG
DSCN8860.JPG
DSCN8880.JPG
DSCN8885.JPG
DSCN8978.JPG
DSCN9007.JPG
DSCN8945.JPG
DSCN9015.JPG
DSCN9025.JPG
DSCN9063.JPG
DSCN9079.JPG
DSCN9143.JPG
image.jpg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
They look fabulous, is that Galicia ?
It's on my list of destinations

We started in the Pyrenees and then we went to Galicia, via lesser known parts, e.g. Boñar (south of the Picos. We had a brilliant mountain bike ride there).

We're now heading, slowly, back east.

We've been following the cooler weather all the time!

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
we are currently in the uncrowded region of Galicia
I love Galicia. I worked out of La Corunna for three years in the late 1980's, fantastic people, food and countryside. For various reasons I never had the opportunity to go back, but have decided I must go back for a visit in the next year or two 👍. I just hope it hasn't changed too much over the intervening years.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm not comfortable in the heat but I'd often like to experience these 45° temps that southern Europe get.

Just for 5 minutes obviously, I'd need the plane purring over on the runway to whisk me away back to cooler climates.

We don't like those temperatures, and don't even want to experience them, hence our summer trips elsewhere.

The rest of the year, though, Spain is wonderful.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I love Galicia. I worked out of La Corunna for three years in the late 1980's, fantastic people, food and countryside. For various reasons I never had the opportunity to go back, but have decided I must go back for a visit in the next year or two 👍. I just hope it hasn't changed too much over the intervening years.

It probably has changed, but there are still many, unspoilt, places to visit.

Don't leave it too long though, it's becoming more popular 👍

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Lovely photos and scenery, thanks for posting. Love the one with the picnic bench on the edge of the cliff overlooking the clouds.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
While I was there the locals used to say it was the forgotten corner of Spain, that the Spanish went to for their own holidays, away from the hordes of Brits, Germans and French! The first time I heard that it was a LOL moment.

I lodged with a family that could not speak English, so I had to learn the language quite quickly.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Lovely photos and scenery, thanks for posting. Love the one with the picnic bench on the edge of the cliff overlooking the clouds.

That was at O Cebreiro, a place we visited when we were cycling the Camino Santiago. We were frozen that day and didn't see much so it was nice to revisit.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
While I was there the locals used to say it was the forgotten corner of Spain, that the Spanish went to for their own holidays, away from the hordes of Brits, Germans and French! The first time I heard that it was a LOL moment.

I lodged with a family that could not speak English, so I had to learn the language quite quickly.

We were here last year. At the very spot we're parked at now. We went for a bike ride and the only person we met turned out to be a gynecologist from Cartagena who has a family house here and visits every year for the month of August.

Small world!!!

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Que buenas vistas😎, no puedo volver a España hasta Enero año que veine😁.
Great pics i do miss it when i am not there, i consider Spain my second home .
Cheers Cris.

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi Judith, you have found some wonderful place to stop.We have followed your posts on your current trip with great interest and have so enjoyed it.May I ask what sources you use to choose your overnight stopping places?

Many thanks ,

Pam and Mike

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Great thread!

Lovely photos.

but, but, but...

It looks to me that you are not doing it properly at all...

Don't you realise that you must only use official campsites where you can empty and fill correctly and also help the local economy!

JJ :cool:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Judith, you have found some wonderful place to stop.We have followed your posts on your current trip and have so enjoyed it.May I ask what sources you use to choose your overnight stopping places?

Many thanks Pam and Mike

I mostly use park4night but I read the comments carefully and I zoom in to Google maps to check out the status of roads.

So far so good, although we did have an about turn at a village yesterday when my signal wasn't good enough to zoom in to see those particular roads!

We made our destination eventually and safely, though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back