scam?

Jan 28, 2008
walthamstow east london
Funster No
MH
renault burstner delphin
Exp
7 years campers before that
got the following email and when i click the link it goes to a page which appears to be google and shows a balance in my account i dont remember ever using google pay or getting a refund as i assume that is why i would have a balance
however the page does include the details of my payment methods with the last 4 numbers of cards including expered cards
scam or real?

Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
If it's too good to be true it normally is
I'm still waiting for a little China man to put 25 million dollars into my account apparently I'm owed it

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Nr Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It could be real ... I have just received an email telling me that Google Pay P2P is being discontinued from 6th September 2019.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I got the same email from Google saying Google pay is closing and if you have a positive balance it can be transfered to your registered bank account.
I don't think you will have to enter any bank details as it is done automatically by what they have on record when you log in to your Google pay account.
I don't have a balance so that's all the info I got.
The email does appear to come from Google when you click details in the sender section.

1st attachment.... What you need to do
2nd attachment.... Sender details expanded.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
walthamstow east london
Funster No
MH
renault burstner delphin
Exp
7 years campers before that
found same thing by going in via google so assume its real now need to finmd how to get my money

Feb 26, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
N00B !
If you have any doubt, however minor, that an email is not legitimate, and it's got links to somewhere, don't click the link.

type the website of your payment company direct into your own browser (Internet explorer, firefox, etc). Don't copy it from the email, but use the address you were sent by your provider i.e paypal. bank, google pay, or whoever.

The quickest way to get scammed is to click links from emails that look genuine, goes to a spoofed site that looks genuine, by which time you've given them your login .

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services